My buddys CRX SI is quick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX2NR18

well my buddy eddie has an 88 CRX SI, pretty nice condition. all he has is Exhaust, header, and advanced timing. He ran a 15.2, i dont know how he does it?? is that fast for just those mods?

im gonna go ahead and call :bs:

hes gotta have more than that to be running a 15.2

and im pretty sure this is in the wrong forum, too...

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 19 2004, 10:52 AM

just cause you couldnt get a faster time with your swapped leaky bomb doesnt mean someone else with a relatively stock car that drives very well couldnt.

I would expect 15.8 / 96mph with I and H, if it's done right. The car can do what, high 16 stock? Getting from 16 to 15 isn't that tough.

Now I've been in several 14 second cars, and it's a great difference over 15 second cars. Then of course the sub 13's, to me, are fast as all hell. So 15 seconds I could go with.

-> Steve

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Jun 19 2004, 04:55 PM-->
civicious
@Jun 19 2004, 10:52 AM

just cause you couldnt get a faster time with your swapped leaky bomb doesnt mean someone else with a relatively stock car that drives very well couldnt.

BWAHAHAHA, damn.

Not to mention, they don't weigh shit, 15.XXX isn't actually fast persay, but rather quick.

from what i have been told the 1G 87 rex si is just a hair faster than the 2G's

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 19 2004, 11:20 AM

depends on who you ask or what article you read.

my heart goes out to the 1g crx's... Celerity's CRX :wub:

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 19 2004, 05:20 PM

Yea, it's also lighter, but mine still got smoked to hell by a swapped EG :)

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Jun 19 2004, 11:23 AM-->
racintweek
@Jun 19 2004, 11:20 AM

depends on who you ask or what article you read.

my heart goes out to the 1g crx's... Celerity's CRX :wub:

Thank you, Thank You,

An engine swap is still needed though. If I put the EW block back in it, I'm sure it would keep me happy for a long time. This time (Since my block is bone stock and original) if I did the Airjockie mods to the lower end, the car would be unstoppable.

I'll be dangling from a bridge the day that car gets in a collision too.

-> Steve
aau.thumb.jpg

naa i poped his hood, and all i seen was header, n then he has an exhaust. still stock airbox. He pulled my buddy with a GSR del sol thats runnin 15.3 (needs it tuned) seroiusly he even pulled me, i have the same hp and 200lbs less. I really dont get it? an old lady owned it before he did. sumthin sounds fishey to me

From what im reading people dont believe that CRX si wont do low 15s at the track. I myself have ran 90 and lower CRXs Si from my friends an the most ran low 15s. And they just have bolt on mods like headers, intake, and little stuff like that. Even my DEl sol when i had the d15b7 didnt run times like my friends CRX Si.
I mean compare the both engines, (d15b7=102@5900 and D16a6=108@6000) But then compare the chassis weights (Del sol=2295 and CRX si=2174) Yeah doesnt look much of a difference but I ran time of low 16s never lower than 16.0. and he runs low 15s.

So in my opinion i do believe crx si can run low 15s at the track. :)

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 19 2004, 12:08 PM
I would expect 15.8 / 96mph with I and H, if it's done right. The car can do what, high 16 stock? Getting from 16 to 15 isn't that tough.

Now I've been in several 14 second cars, and it's a great difference over 15 second cars. Then of course the sub 13's, to me, are fast as all hell. So 15 seconds I could go with.

-> Steve

15.8 @ 96???????????????

i hope you're kidding.

sisteve went 13.8 @ 96. lol

Drag = special olympics hell if I know what a good time / speed trap is :)

-> Steve

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 19 2004, 10:20 AM

And the 85 is a hair faster than the 87, as well.

Back