My build is over finally!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

I finally got everything together and am ready to put my engine back in my car, and do some tuning. I'll try and post some pics. It feels so good to finally finish a build. Now its time to deal with the inevitable bugs.

List of what I've been up to:

b16b block
gsr crank balanced and micropoished by Benson machine
oem rod and crank bearings
81.5mm IB probe pistons compression around 12.5
IB ultralight I beam rods, arp 2000 rod bolts
ARP headstuds
cometic head gasket
new water and oil pumps, seals etc.
Portflow headwork, deshroud chambers, bronze valve guides, 3 angle, port and polish titanium retainers, and valvesprings
Type r valves
JunIII cams
Power enterprises timing belt
Golden eagle cam gears
RC 370 injectors
Hondata s200 w/datalogging, rom editor
PLX M-300 wideband
9lb kaiten kairu flywheel
clutchmasters stage 3
aem v2
hondata IM gasket
bisimoto header
driveshaft shop stage 1 axles

thats all I can remember now
now I need suspension and tires

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Aug 27 2004, 09:49 PM
for me it just says its not public n i need a password....
[post=382876]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, now i get "Notice, this is a private albumn, please enter a password."

gallery_25772_13_1094756018.jpg

gallery_25772_13_1094756191.jpg

gallery_25772_13_1094756365.jpg

Uhhh I will take 2 please. Looks real good get that thing in there and let us know what that monster runs.

The chambers on the head look really nice, and surprisingly, my diy job on my chambers don't look half bad in comparison to the real deal you have. Two thumbs up to portflow. Looking really good. You should bench test the head and post some flow numbers, and see how mine do against it. But my heads a pr4, so it obviously won't flow as good. Did you smooth out the edges on those pistons? With 12.5:1, you don't want any hotspots.

yeah i did, I spent a while with some fine grit sand paper and a scotchbrite. The engine will be going in next weekend. I will start out with a street tune and once I get a few miles on it head to the dyno for some WOT pulls.

very nice! how do you like that PLX device? i've been thinking of getting one myself. are you doing a narrowband simulation from it also for the ecu? i want to see that bisimoto header, yummy. that thing should make great power.

the header is on order, so I am running a jun knockoff for the next couple weeks. I am going to be sending a narrowbad signal to the ecu. the datalogging and realtime editor for hondata are really nice.

:applause:

Looks like you did a great job. I'm happy for you. Purdy injun.

Back