My build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would avoid Skunk valvetrain, and look into an Edelbrock Victor X manifold instead of the Skunk2. Boost responds better to big plenums and short runners, which is not what the Skunk2 has. Forget that Ntercooler shit. If you really wanna mist your intercooler mist it with a methanol kit. Windshield washer fluid is far cheaper than nitrous, and youll get the same results.

personal opinion but i dont think all of that is necessary in having a great drag car.

a 5 angle valve job in nonsense. a 3 will be good enough. and with all this low compression, stage 25 turbo, and sleeving talk u do realize that a honda lsd wont do much for your wheel spin at all.
and do u seriously plan on building such an outrageous motor with no suspension set up?

I would avoid Skunk valvetrain, and look into an Edelbrock Victor X manifold instead of the Skunk2. Boost responds better to big plenums and short runners, which is not what the Skunk2 has. Forget that Ntercooler shit. If you really wanna mist your intercooler mist it with a methanol kit. Windshield washer fluid is far cheaper than nitrous, and youll get the same results.

not to be a smart ass or anything but they dont use Nitrous they use C02.

Already bought the Skunk2 from itrsleeper.. but I could always sell it and get the Edelbrock, never heard any bad things about them acutally. Thanks for the tip
+1 for you

personal opinion but i dont think all of that is necessary in having a great drag car.

a 5 angle valve job in nonsense. a 3 will be good enough. and with all this low compression, stage 25 turbo, and sleeving talk u do realize that a honda lsd wont do much for your wheel spin at all.
and do u seriously plan on building such an outrageous motor with no suspension set up?

Well seeing as its going to be a track car I could weld the spider gears together or just slap a Qualife lsd in it if I wanted to be froggy and play on the streets too.

Already bought the Skunk2 from itrsleeper.. but I could always sell it and get the Edelbrock, never heard any bad things about them acutally. Thanks for the tip.

The Skunk2 intke mani is a copy of the ITR mani, an N/A specific manifold, not good for boost. Go with the JG. :thumbsup:

not to be a smart ass or anything but they dont use Nitrous they use C02.

You can use both. Ppl who are foggin their engine usually pull outa the same bottle for their misters as well. Why buy CO2 and nitrous, when nitrous does the same thing?

Honestly the mister setups arent even worth the trouble. If I remember correct they only give you like 2 horse. If you setup everything up right, you intercooler shouldnt even be gettin warm to begin with, accept on the hot side tank.

You can use both. Ppl who are foggin their engine usually pull outa the same bottle for their misters as well. Why buy CO2 and nitrous, when nitrous does the same thing?

Well most people dont fog and mist the intercooler because that would be pointless because the nitrous cools down the charge anyway.....would be a waste of nitrous.

now for the people that arent using a fogger kit and are just using the misting kit use Co2 because its cheaper $10<58 per fill.

I had a NX kit on my teg when it was boosted, good stuff!

Honestly the mister setups arent even worth the trouble. If I remember correct they only give you like 2 horse. If you setup everything up right, you intercooler shouldnt even be gettin warm to begin with, accept on the hot side tank.

When Running a cool engine you dont gain much at all.

after a coupple of runs down the strip your intercooler allong with everything else gets hot no matter what, making you stop racing to allow the engine to cool off.

Using the NX kit lets you keep racing for a bit longer.

Just my .02

Well most people dont fog and mist the intercooler because that would be pointless because the nitrous cools down the charge anyway.....would be a waste of nitrous.

now for the people that arent using a fogger kit and are just using the misting kit use Co2 because its cheaper $10<58 per fill.

I had a NX kit on my teg when it was boosted, good stuff!

Cooler air charge makes more power. So no, it wouldnt be pointless. You mist before your pass, and fog the engine during the pass. If you try doin both during a pass your nitrous tank is gunna get super cold, and you pressure will be all over the map. Not good. Also, nitrous does more than cool down the charge. Its chemicly forced induction.

When Running a cool engine you dont gain much at all.

after a coupple of runs down the strip your intercooler allong with everything else gets hot no matter what, making you stop racing to allow the engine to cool off.

Using the NX kit lets you keep racing for a bit longer.

Just my .02

If your intake temps are gettin that far outa check, youve got bigger problems to worry about than mistin the intercooler.

Cooler air charge makes more power. So no, it wouldnt be pointless. You mist before your pass, and fog the engine during the pass. If you try doin both during a pass your nitrous tank is gunna get super cold, and you pressure will be all over the map. Not good. Also, nitrous does more than cool down the charge. Its chemicly forced induction.

If your intake temps are gettin that far outa check, youve got bigger problems to worry about than mistin the intercooler.

i know nitrous will do more than cool down the charge it adds more oxygen to the fule to air mixure and thots how it creates more power. but i was just saying why mist with nitrous if you just want to cool things down? or if your fogging already.

Well Im not sure what was going on but yes my intake temps were getting a bit high and the NX kit was a Quick fix.

i dont want to thread jack anymore so how about you PM me instead?

Im open minded and ready to intake any knowledge....after all knowledge is power.

Well, I only have one point to make then well call it wrap, unless austin wants to hear more. I would mist with nitrous if I was already runnin it to avoid runnin one more line, havin one more solenoid, havin the wires to run that solenoid, havin one more switch, and havin one more bottle to worry about. If your already runnin nitrous you could T off of you feed line and run the hose from the intake to the intercooler vs. the length of the car. Then you could use the mister as a purge valve and kill two birds with one stone, without wastin any more nitrous than you would with a typical purge.

[/threadjack]

that would work if and only if hes planning on using nitrous with his turbo setup as I myself didnt.

good points man great stuff.

Ok so now that I've got the money to buy all my parts want to run it buy you guys before I waste some money. Its all going in my 96 civic.

Engine:
JDM B18C G2 '97-01 Integra GS-R LSD (LIVE) - JDM Online

Block:
Eagle Rods
Cp Pistons... Low compression
Will be sleeved

Head:
5 angle valve job
Port and polish
MIGHT do a skunk2 or comparable valvetrain
Skunk 2 Intake mani
AEM fuel rail
RC 550cc peak and hold injectors w/ OBD1 injector plugs

Turbo:
Full race Stage 4 turbo kit
Nitrous Express ntercooler kit
Turbo XS dual stage boost controller

Other:
Walboro 255 fuel pump
9 lb fly wheel
Exedy stage 4 clutch
Stage 3 driveshaft shop drive axles
Cometic low compression head gasket

Sure I'm leaving something out but just want to run it by you guys real quick... open to any suggestions

Skunk2 valvetrain is garbage. I'd go with Crower, and definitely throw the valvetrain in there if you are building the bottom end.
IMO I'd stay with stock compression, no need to go low if you are sleeving. Why? Because you will make the same power with less effort.
Ditch the nitrous, you won't be needing it.
Get an OEM replica Cometic HG
3" Exhaust
I'd prolly go with 1000cc injectors just so you have some room to grow. Trust me, you will want more.
Flywheel isn't really necessary, keep the stock one to retain some low end grunt.

Things I would suggest on top of this stuff:
Good suspension
Traction bars
Decent tires (Azenis or something)

Back