My build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vtec Andy.....

i'm in the process in completing a b20/vtec setup up and would like to see what u think and the around about hp that it would give off, or 1/4 times. i know it's hard to say but i won't have time for a dyno etc. 92 civic hatchback dx

b20b sleeved,
weisco 13:8:1 pistons
eagle rods 3/8 bolt,
Gsr head,
milled .030
ported and polished from Portflow.com
portflow springs,
portflow retainers,
type r vavles,
skunk2 stage 2 cams,
skunk2 manifold,
hondata intake manifold gasket,
aem cam gears,
aem fuel rail,
aem regulater,
440cc injecters
ctr crank pulley,
hondata s200
*comteic head gasket to drop the compression to 12:8 round there.
*i have a stock throttle body, and a stock header at the moment, custom race header being made right now.
* Let me know what u think of my setup..i think thats about it... not to bad for a 17 yr old high school kid.

Your setup looks pretty sweet. I am going to say high 13s for the 1/4 mile.
Just a guess though what do I know.

Originally posted by integraslut78@Oct 12 2004, 08:27 PM
Your setup looks pretty sweet. I am going to say high 13s for the 1/4 mile.
[post=401885]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah, I already did that in the much heavier sedan and a much milder build. This should be able to run low 13s or maybe 12s if everything comes together properly.

Nice setup by the way! Show us some pictures and video when you get it all running.

You won't have time to dyno a motor with 13.8:1 compression? Ya, that should live a long healthy life.... so will you street tune it or what? and why are you going to mill the head when you already obvously have huge piston domes and high lift valves?

everything will be done this week im hoping. im gunna gut out my hatch all sound deading and all. this motor without few of the goodies, did a 12.7 in a full bodied gsr integra on 22"s so i bought it from him and redid everything. Nrg-tech in New York is doing my tuning, he will be doing a street tune till i get money to go to the dyno. im hoping for 230hp to the wheels all motor, and this spring i might put thin head gasket and run straight C16 since my compression will be 15:1 also i got a act 6 puck unsprung.

personally not a fan of AEM cam gears

Not sure why your milling the head, warped?

Other than that looks good.

Originally posted by Blanco+Oct 13 2004, 12:33 PM-->
@Oct 13 2004, 11:44 AM
personally not a fan of AEM cam gears

Not sure why your milling the head, warped?

Other than that looks good.
[post=402129]Quoted post[/post]​

They have a five bolt design now.
[post=402148]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah im gunna change to str or skunk2 soon as i can get some money, im broke right now. but this setup should be 12's

13.8 compression on a b20 should net you more than 230 hp that's for sure. plus when you sleeve just go maximum bore size it'll be crazy fast. imo some ib spec cams should follow up your build cause the s2s2 imo is just too "small" for that kinda build.

Originally posted by Arachnid@Oct 14 2004, 09:14 PM
13.8 compression on a b20 should net you more than 230 hp that's for sure. plus when you sleeve just go maximum bore size it'll be crazy fast. imo some ib spec cams should follow up your build cause the s2s2 imo is just too "small" for that kinda build.
[post=402758]Quoted post[/post]​

i was gunna put stage 3's in there, but i dunno, 230hp wheel power is 12's all motor for sure

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 12 2004, 11:39 PM-->
integraslut78
@Oct 12 2004, 08:27 PM
Your setup looks pretty sweet.  I am going to say high 13s for the 1/4 mile.

Nah, I already did that in the much heavier sedan and a much milder build. This should be able to run low 13s or maybe 12s if everything comes together properly.

Nice setup by the way! Show us some pictures and video when you get it all running.
[post=401991]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd like to see the video of him convincing his parents for money. lol, bein 17 with that kinda build. j/p. tuning est muy importante. enjoy the build, a bit to out there for my taste, but hey, to each his own. 230 should be easy enough, make sure your cams compliment your build. and i hope it all holds together.

DOn't judge man, he said it's already getting put together this weekend.
NIce build for a 17 yr old. I wish I had that kind of money in school, but wendy's paid shit.

Originally posted by nismogod+Oct 15 2004, 01:51 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 12 2004, 11:39 PM
integraslut78
@Oct 12 2004, 08:27 PM
Your setup looks pretty sweet.  I am going to say high 13s for the 1/4 mile.

[post=401991]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd like to see the video of him convincing his parents for money. lol, bein 17 with that kinda build. j/p. tuning est muy importante. enjoy the build, a bit to out there for my taste, but hey, to each his own. 230 should be easy enough, make sure your cams compliment your build. and i hope it all holds together.
[post=402856]Quoted post[/post]​

believe it or not, my parent's didn't give me much money, only $550 i worked constrution to summers and make 950 a week so that's how i paid for all this shytt i was thinking to but a type r crank for more rev's i think it might be better, what u think?

why go with super high compression pistons, and then a thick headgasket? that makes no sense at all.

damn, good job man. i was jokin bout the money thing, even if your parents had helped, more power to ya. lol. if i had built a whole motor like that, ida bought a whole forged bottom end froma company, like a stroker. crower or one of the other companies. but thats me

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 15 2004, 12:12 PM
why go with super high compression pistons, and then a thick headgasket? that makes no sense at all.
[post=403003]Quoted post[/post]​

bc this spring im putting stock gasket and gunna have 15:1 cp and gunna put the motor in a crx hf gutted for track and street racing only

Originally posted by Arachnid+Oct 14 2004, 09:14 PM-->
[post=402758]Quoted post[/post]​

hes using a thicker head gasket to drop that.

pissedoffsol
@Oct 15 2004, 12:12 PM

i would do the same thing; heres why, you have compression that can be ran with pump fuel(93 in my case) with the thicker head gasket, but when it comes to track time, swap the head gasket and put some high octane race fuel. it beats swapping pistons...

Originally posted by Blanco+Oct 15 2004, 05:42 PM-->
Originally posted by Vtec Andy.....@Oct 15 2004, 04:32 PM
pissedoffsol
@Oct 15 2004, 12:12 PM
why go with super high compression pistons, and then a thick headgasket?  that makes no sense at all.

bc this spring im putting stock gasket and gunna have 15:1 cp and gunna put the motor in a crx hf gutted for track and street racing only
[post=403133]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, no offense but, I think you should worry more about gaining a few more years of driving experience than going really fast. And I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that a c/r of 15:1 is going to be streetable.
[post=403171]Quoted post[/post]​

i've been driving and racing for 3 yrs i need more power, and it will be streetable just gotta run c16 race fuel

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 15 2004, 10:29 PM
Race fuel is not streetable.  And what I mean is, driving in real world traffic on real world streets.  The statistics are there.  Just be careful, too many kids die in fast cars they thought they could control.
[post=403285]Quoted post[/post]​

very true, i'll be fine i know my limit's i drove my friends 10sec turbo integra for alittle that was to much for me lol

Back