my build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kermit5327

is this turbo to big

sorry about the double post u guys i just didnt know which thread to post in

ok so here is what i have rocking right now

i have a d15 im pretty sure its the 8 valve mottor the one with like 50hp lol
on it i have a d16 intake mani, fuel rail, injectors, idk if it matter any but crank pully and powersteering pump, and tranny

gods speed fmic, some autozone oil cooler, idk what kinda turbo all it says on it is mr and .60

other than that the motor is stock i bought the car with a d16y8 in it witha spun bearing and i bought the d15 from a friend for 160

i also have a chiped ecu from pherable.net what the chip is or does idk i dont really know to much about honda so that why im here asking you guys so what should i change or get

and i wanna keep the motor stock because im gonna stay running low boost between 7 and 10 pounds just to see how long this motor will hold and cuz if i put the money into the motor and blow it im gonna be pissed

after i get a few more posts ill post up some pics of the car its a 93 four door with a 6 point roll cage shaved rear doors body is clean needs some work but not a lot

any one wanny throw me some ideas or things to change other than the motor cuz i know thats a big turd and by the way i have a d16 tranny

IMAGE_074.jpg

IMAGE_076.jpg

IMAGE_075.jpg

IMAGE_073.jpg

IMAGE_072.jpg

IMAGE_071.jpg

Last edited:
wow. overkill. that is a nice size turbo. Good luck on that build. you know what would be cool. stick the newer D17 internals to get more power. A vtec head and vroom vroom!!!!!!

nice progress man

yeah like i said i bought the with everything on it sept the motor the motor i got with the car was blown

what you guys think was the car worth 1800

wow thats a pretty clean pretty clean roof. jp not a fan of the 4 doors but i'll admit it
is looking good.

looks good, what you should add is a d15with a z6 head, hey now that i think about it I have the entire swap sitting in my garage. good looking car though

sorry about the lie about the pics camera took a shit so pics are gonna have to wait and yeah i just got this motor to hold me over untill i get enough money for a jdm d15b im not gonna go all out on a motor cuz im gonna see what kind times i can get with just building the tranny but i cant think of what tranny to use so i was just gonna use my stock d16 tranny

also has any one ever heard of using a b series tranny on a d series motor and would or could it be possible

or maybe like b series guts and shit in a d series tranny case

Why are you looking to use a B-Series tranny? If you're looking for closer ratios then pick up an EX/Si D-Series tranny. It'll make a nice difference and it will bolt right up to your motor.

no one has answered your question, No a b series will definitely not bolt onto a d series engine. You can only use d series trannies. I'm pretty sure the best upgrade is the tranny from an si.

Back