my car bogs.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mellowboy

Ok my car have been boggin quite sometime now. I know i have a loose ecu pin but can it also make my car bog?I'm either thinkin that it could be my fuel pump , bad distributor or loose ecu pin. I alredy changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, cap n rotor all that ignition stuff. What could it be? Thanks :)

first of all what is your car, what are you running for setup? Its pretty hard for any of us to answer a question aout a bog on an imaginary car. you have to be a little more informative then we will gladly help u

FYI you havent replaced all the ignition stuff there is a sensor inside the dizzy that tells TDC and a few otehr things, you haven't and wont be able to replace that... are you throwing any codes. What octane, is it a JDM engine, air filter dirty/clogged? The basics man, try that then go looking for bad pieces.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 29 2003, 12:11 PM
FYI you havent replaced all the ignition stuff there is a sensor inside the dizzy that tells TDC and a few otehr things, you haven't and wont be able to replace that... are you throwing any codes. What octane, is it a JDM engine, air filter dirty/clogged? The basics man, try that then go looking for bad pieces.

The only code is throwin is code 21 sometimes. It only does that when my ecu pin gets loose. I have to re do it. So the sensor you are talkin about is the ignitor? Either way if its a bad distributor then i'll replace it but i gotta find out whats wrong with it first. I dont wanna buy me a distributor if it doesn't solve the problem. Filter is clean. It is a jdm b16a from integra xsi.

the sensor im talkin about is built into the dizzy... it's the TDC-top dead center/CYP-cylinder(SP?) position sensor/CPS-crank position sensor these are used for Timing purposes... If it is gettin a code 15 that's what's wrong, the Dizzy is bad i got a code 15... it cost me 75 for a new one...

here's your code...
Code 21*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 ** 92-95 n/a n/a 93-95 n/a 93-95
VTEC Solenoid Valve
defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve
* not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine
** not with V-6 engine

Originally posted by evoracer03@Sep 29 2003, 02:15 PM
des it bog thru the whole rpm range, or just at a certain spot?

Yeh it basically bogs through out the whole rpm range. Except when its about 5500 it doesn't bog as much.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Sep 29 2003, 06:56 PM
the sensor im talkin about is built into the dizzy... it's the TDC-top dead center/CYP-cylinder(SP?) position sensor/CPS-crank position sensor these are used for Timing purposes... If it is gettin a code 15 that's what's wrong, the Dizzy is bad i got a code 15... it cost me 75 for a new one...

here's your code...
Code 21*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
94-98 ** 92-95 n/a n/a 93-95 n/a 93-95
VTEC Solenoid Valve
defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve
* not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine
** not with V-6 engine

Yeh its not throwing a code 15 but it is throwing code 21 and i do know why. My ecu pin is loose. I have to re do it.Do you think that cause my car to bog?

:huh: Iam lost my 88 prelude 5 speed Bogs ( drives and then dies due to lack of gas sputtering the dies then starts again maybe drives then die) i have replaced fuel filter duel pump air filter plugs 2 months ago I cut the catalitic converter off to see if that was the problem. The programmed fuel injection makes a hissing noise when i turn key half ways when only pump is running please some any ideas

Back