1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my car bogs.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mellowboy, Sep 29, 2003.

1. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

Ok my car have been boggin quite sometime now. I know i have a loose ecu pin but can it also make my car bog?I'm either thinkin that it could be my fuel pump , bad distributor or loose ecu pin. I alredy changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, cap n rotor all that ignition stuff. What could it be? Thanks :)

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

first of all what is your car, what are you running for setup? Its pretty hard for any of us to answer a question aout a bog on an imaginary car. you have to be a little more informative then we will gladly help u

3. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

oops i forgot. I drive a 1990 crx si with b16 swap.

4. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

FYI you havent replaced all the ignition stuff there is a sensor inside the dizzy that tells TDC and a few otehr things, you haven't and wont be able to replace that... are you throwing any codes. What octane, is it a JDM engine, air filter dirty/clogged? The basics man, try that then go looking for bad pieces.

5. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

The only code is throwin is code 21 sometimes. It only does that when my ecu pin gets loose. I have to re do it. So the sensor you are talkin about is the ignitor? Either way if its a bad distributor then i'll replace it but i gotta find out whats wrong with it first. I dont wanna buy me a distributor if it doesn't solve the problem. Filter is clean. It is a jdm b16a from integra xsi.

6. evoracer03

evoracer03 Senior Member

des it bog thru the whole rpm range, or just at a certain spot?

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

the sensor im talkin about is built into the dizzy... it's the TDC-top dead center/CYP-cylinder(SP?) position sensor/CPS-crank position sensor these are used for Timing purposes... If it is gettin a code 15 that's what's wrong, the Dizzy is bad i got a code 15... it cost me 75 for a new one...

here's your code...
    Code 21*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
    94-98 ** 92-95 n/a n/a 93-95 n/a 93-95
    VTEC Solenoid Valve
    defective circuit or unplugged / defective solenoid valve
    * not a valid code if car does not have a VTEC engine
    ** not with V-6 engine

8. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

Yeh it basically bogs through out the whole rpm range. Except when its about 5500 it doesn't bog as much.

9. mellowboy

mellowboy Senior Member

Yeh its not throwing a code 15 but it is throwing code 21 and i do know why. My ecu pin is loose. I have to re do it.Do you think that cause my car to bog?

10. justing

justing Junior Member

:huh: Iam lost my 88 prelude 5 speed Bogs ( drives and then dies due to lack of gas sputtering the dies then starts again maybe drives then die) i have replaced fuel filter duel pump air filter plugs 2 months ago I cut the catalitic converter off to see if that was the problem. The programmed fuel injection makes a hissing noise when i turn key half ways when only pump is running please some any ideas

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted