my car burned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:thisthreadworthlesswithoutpics:

Sorry to hear about that shit mang.

Ditto!

ttiwwop-vi.gif

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 31 2004, 11:45 AM
I'm curious to know how it happened... Obviously there must have been a sudden short. It's not like you wired the car incorrectly and melted it.

The starter solenoid had to short or something. Fuses didn't blow? Look into this situation some more before giving up the ghost on it.

-> Steve

Agreed. Yes, it sucks, but you can learn something from it. Try to figure out how the fire started. Did you have any aftermarket/ home made wiring in there? Leaky fuel system?

Also, you seriously need to take pics. :)

This is what happened to my friend's Audi from faulty wiring:

Audi.JPG

He wasn't even near the car when it happened. He came out of the house to see his car on fire! Sucks, huh?!

I wanna see some pics damnit =)

so after all the shit that has happened with your car what have your parents said about it?

people use to laugh at me for having a fire extinguisher in my car behind the passenger seat.....

Originally posted by SasSi@Mar 31 2004, 01:07 PM

Audi.JPG

those look like those mugen wheels that tenzo made knock off's of.

I can't remember the name mugen uses for them though so that's the only way of describing them I could use.

R.I.P. fodo civ....man, that car was an inspiration to me. ok, i guess i need to take up the gauntlet as the token sedan guy.

Damn man, that sucks...bad. A really close friend of mine dealt with the same experiance about 5 months ago. The problem that he had, was that he overtightened one of the three bolts that hold on your fuel rail, and little did he know, the stud broke. He drove it around all day and it was fine, till he got about 2 blocks from his house and then the pressure finally popped out the last injector, fuel sprayed everywhere and then the shit went up in flames. Luckily a neighbor was outside and got a fire extinguisher. The damage- very melted hood, no more wiring harness, broken manifold stud, ruined intake, AND THE MUGEN RESIVOIR SOCKS MELTED!!!! But thats what they are supposed to do and they saved both of his resivoirs.

Cliff notes:
Sorry
Same thing happened to friend b/c of fuel rail
MUGEN RESIVOIR SOCKS = :worthy: :worthy:

dude, theres gas everywhere in a car. in the 70s, cars cought on fire once a week

if one of the fuel rail bolts is overtightened and stripped out, you think that could happen?????????

cuz i stripped out the bolt on the #4 cyl side, and thats exactly where the fire was....

hmm...

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 1 2004, 08:13 AM
if one of the fuel rail bolts is overtightened and stripped out, you think that could happen?????????

cuz i stripped out the bolt on the #4 cyl side, and thats exactly where the fire was....

hmm...

sounds like you figured it out..... the starter is right next to the #4. so it seems to me some fuel leaked on the starter. just putting 2 and 2 together. if the bolt was stripped.... shit yeah it would leak. its only a little seal that holds the injecotrs in the rail. if that is not tight. well you have a problem :unsure:

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Apr 1 2004, 12:28 AM

a quick question why cars get on fire?

Quick question... how have you managed to get this far in life without having even the slightest grasp of the Kings English?

civicious Posted on Apr 1 2004, 08:13 AM

hmm... 

That is exactly what happened to my friends civic. The fuel rail bolt closet to the drivers side was overtightened and the stud broke. The fuel pressure finally just pushed the injector out a little bit and it was a fuel bath for the entire engine bay. The fire stayed mostly above the fuel rail though, because of course thats where the fuel was coming from.

Glad my story may have helped. :shrug2:

Back