My Car Died, Possible Water

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RejecK

I have a 96 honda civic Dx with D16 in it. I have a Aem Cold air intake on it (and header,exhaust) but it was raining like whoa! earlier today and I was on my way home and there was a puddle/lake in the road. The car in front of me went thru it so i thought it was cool, plus it didn't look all that big. So I took it on thinking it was cool. But right after I did my car sputtered to a stop and wouldn't crank back up. I took off dist. cap and wiped it down real good and tried it again and no luck. So I took off my cold air intake and when i did water poured out (like a half sized liquior shot amout, if that helps) I shot some starting fluid in it and no go. There was no smoke no steam, checked oil and it seemed cool. No signs of a the water raping me but It would no crank. I was with car for roughly 2 hours, thinking it would crank on hopes and dreams.But no, So I had it towed to a loacal shop.

My question is do you think that I am screwed, with some bent rods and all that or what do you think it could be?

i hydrolocked a SL2(Saturn)

the oil turned white or was just really soupy I remember that detail the most of when we were breaking down the engine.
check your sparkplugs for oil? see if you broke a seal?

yep, sounds like you hydrolocked it... good excuse to get rid of that motor, best thing my D16 ever did for me was throw a rod :D

Yep! That motor is done.That is the same way I departed with my stock 1.5.Good luck with your first motor swap!!--Go Big!!!!

Hell I hope it is going to be ok. You guys are not giving that hopefull inspiration i was looking for. Can't afford an engine now. That enigne has only been in my car since November. Oil Plug came out while on highway and killed stock engine. Had the D16 put in it and converted to 5 speed. Guess if it is dead I am going to learn how to swap an engine.

dude breaking stuff is the best! it gives you a good excuse to do something better! it will all pan out... plus, it's not hard to do a swap :p

Back