My car finally passed emissions!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA@Mar 31 2004, 10:08 PM
howd you pass if they couldnt hook up to the OBD connector?

The problem isn't that they couldn't hook up the connector. Of course they could hook it up- the port didn't change when I did my swap. Basically, it's like trying to run software for a PC on a Mac. Their computer is scanning for an OBD-II system that my car doesn't have, since I'm running OBD-I. So, it said "Failure to Communicate" because it couldn't find my computer system.

And I didn't really pass... I failed, but I had a waiver which "passed" my car. ;)

Originally posted by SasSi+Mar 31 2004, 08:06 PM-->
HellBentHONDA
@Mar 31 2004, 10:08 PM
howd you pass if they couldnt hook up to the OBD connector?

The problem isn't that they couldn't hook up the connector. Of course they could hook it up- the port didn't change when I did my swap. Basically, it's like trying to run software for a PC on a Mac. Their computer is scanning for an OBD-II system that my car doesn't have, since I'm running OBD-I. So, it said "Failure to Communicate" because it couldn't find my computer system.

And I didn't really pass... I failed, but I had a waiver which "passed" my car. ;)

right thats what i meant ;) kudos

my crx passed too, i was actually suprised.

FYI, that pass thing is a one time only deal for the life of the car, even if you sell it (assuming things dont change again when Agbar shits the bed) So next time you have to go through emissions, the car is gonna have to pass, no exemptions. just thought id let ya know.

-Chris

Originally posted by BlackFrog@Apr 1 2004, 07:23 PM
my crx passed too, i was actually suprised.

FYI, that pass thing is a one time only deal for the life of the car, even if you sell it (assuming things dont change again when Agbar shits the bed) So next time you have to go through emissions, the car is gonna have to pass, no exemptions. just thought id let ya know.

-Chris

in MD you get tested every 2 years.

I took the test a week ago...and failed big time....I guess I forgot to take the oversized injectors out...meh...I do it next week...along with my taxes...and CRX re-registration....

So what's the deal with CT emissions now? I just noticed I have a February 2004 sticker on my windshield :huh:

I thought "they" (the State) were going to send out notices or something. <_<

Well, I guess between that and my missing front plate....

go to www.ctemissions.com you can put in the vin of your car and it will tell you when your test is due. supposidly they fixed the problem with the software, and everything is good again.

-Chris

Back