...but it still gets me from point A to point B day after day @ 32mpg so I can't hate it. Cliff notes at the bottom. Ok, so here's the deal. I bought a 2000 civic LX sedan for 500 bucks with a blown motor and a screwed up tranny. Right after I got it, I pulled the motor and was given a quote by a renown shop around here of $700 bucks for a complete rebuild. It ends up costing me $1400 bucks and he ended up leaving a lot of the stock internals because they were "like new". I know I got fucked, but he's a friend of my father so I had to accept it and remember that I will still have a reliable car for very cheap. Ever since I have put in the motor I've had the same problems that I've been trying to solve over and over. -Burns oil(Stinky, white smoke) No, it can't possibly be coolant. -Lack of power/Power surges at low rpm. Idling/acceleration -Once AC goes on, the car DIES I'm sure they're all linked together. So last weekend I checked everything for the thousandth time. Valve adjustment, timing, compression, new plugs/oil change... All of the cylinders are @ about 70psi and it makes me cry. There is ONE thing I've found, and it's that the rear o2 sensor isn't reading anything at all. I have a simulator and will be installing it soon, but I don't see it solving everything. I will be calling the shop that did my rebuild monday morning and ream them until they agree to take a look at my car. Once they can't figure it out I'll ream some more. Now I have a friend's recently wrecked 95 civic EX(d16z6) with approx 180k miles. The engine still runs fine and has/had no known problems. Now I just need to find out what to do. Cliff notes -Had stock motor rebuilt for a large amount and it now burns oil and has low compression. Convinced an internal part is causing the problems after tons of testing/checking. (00 civic LX. D16y7) -Will call shop that did rebuild Mon, but the motor will probably come out either way, so anything is possible. -Now own a 95 civic EX with 180k miles on it(D16z6). Motor runs perfect. -Trying to decide what I should do, but I won't take action until I know what the shop will and won't agree to do. What would you guys do? I could just put the EX motor in, mini me, buy a new motor, rebuild either motor again. This isn't a tech support thread, more of an advice thread(Feel free to throw in some tech if ya feel the need, though =P). I don't plan on boosting it anytime soon and let's just say my budget is around $1000 bucks. If I get money out of the shop, then that will be added. Any simple swap suggestions that will give me some more hp? I'm fairly unfamiliar with all the motors out there.