My Car Is A Gasohalic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I cant figure out what It is. So far I have replaced plugs and wires, reset the ecu (stock) and I cant figure out what it is. For engine all i have is intake and exhaust. What things should I start checking. Could the o2 sensor go bad (I am not throwing any codes) Fuel filter? Cat? What could it be? I am not leaking anything.

Last year I was getting at LEAST 30 mpg around town, 35-40 on the highway, now i am lucky to get 25 on the highway.

try:

- cleaning your intake filter
- get some fuel injector cleaner (the chevron brand stuff works good) it could just be dirty injectors or intake valves
- replacing your cap and rotor
- replace your fuel filter
- check/refill battery water level (if its low, it could be reducing the voltage to your engine)
- check tire pressures
- get some carb cleaner spray and clean out your throttle body
- get a valve adjustment
- have you added anything heavy like a subwoofer enclosure?

it could also be that your driving habits have changed since discovering Hondaswap :)

I have used fuel injector cleaner, did not do much.
I used an oil addative (Restore for 4 cylinders) Did nothing
I have been using castrol Higher millage oil. Did nothing
I think that my driving habits have not changed that much. Before I was into the fast accel from the light but now I only go fast around corners (looks more impressive, before A navigator could have keeped up with me.)

Closest to increasing weight would be my strut bars lol.

ok then, the most likely things would be that you need to clean your intake, replace your fuel filter (this is a very very likely culprit) or replace your cap and rotor (also a likely culprit)

i thought mine were ok too, not too long ago, then i replaced them and it made a difference. also, my tach stopped acting erratic. the points wear down, and the rotor wears down too, resulting in a weaker spark.

also, there might not be any problem with your car IF you experienced this mileage drop AFTER installing the intake and exhaust because the ECU will adjust the fuel curve to match the increased air volume that your car is now getting (so now its pumping a lil more fuel). at least i think thats what happens.

I know that however, when I got my best millage, it was after the intake and exhaust was installed (but i know that i am running rich)

I will try the cap and rotor stuff, I think I might be able to get my older brother to help me with the fuel filter.

Back