my car is boggin!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

its a 95 civic with a stock jdm B18C P72 OBD1 with about 42,000 miles on the motor. car has about 187,000

so i got on the gas thorugh 1st and 2nd gear, then i was turning onto the main road by where i live... and i gave it gas and it stated to bog. NOTE: i had major hardcore ass ripping wheel hop in 2nd gear.

car boggs when i give it gas, no matter what rpm.. still boggs. from idle to whatever rpm i take it to... it boggs. replaced the spark plugs, fixed the problem for about 5 secs, then started doing it again!! im not even thorwing a code or anything!!

ive searched on here, and i read that seafoam might do something for me, or it might be something with the feul system or timing. but i really dont know. everything i read was about the car almost dying at idle( but it idles fine... 800 ish) or bogging at a certain rpm.

anything that might help please feel free to say it!! thanks for reading this, and if you need more info about anything, just tell me!!

-Mike

ALSO:

i dont think it would be bad gas, because i used 93 oct, and i have a knock sensor... and hence.. im not throwing any codes.

and i just fixed my idle problem, my fast idle control valve was screwed out all the way... and idk if that had anything to do with... anything...

im thinking about getting some fuel cleaner and running that through it..., but idk if it has anything to do with my fuel system or what...

thanks again,
-Mike

I had the same problem with my B18b when it was in the teg...wheel hop like a bitch trying to merge on the highway when it was wet, and then after that it sounds like the motor was "drowning". Rough idle, no power, and no CEL...

Not that it's any help, but I didn't fix the problem...I yanked the motor and have it sitting in the garage...I'll worry about it when I do the LS swap into the hatch...

Good luck.

m having the problem right now in my CRX as well. We have traced it to the fuel system. we think its eith a clog in the lines. or the fuel pump or injectors. I know the stock HF fuel pump cant pump waht the b16 needs. like mine if its under half a tank and i try to go around a corner it gets a quarter of the way through and will foot still on the gass its jerks back like its getting no fuel. pump the gas and nothing. it will do that for up to 30 seconds. i noaticed it doesnt do it if i am above half a tank.

yeah, i was talking to someone, and they said that there are like 3 sensors that wont throw a code... so idk if one of those got loose or what... any information about this?

and ived had the swap sence the end of august... and it just now started doing this... think the pump finally took a shit on me?? and if it is the pump, is it still safe to drive it as long as i baby it... or will it run to lean??

thanks,
-Mike

pumps dont usually go out slowly...its usually all or nothing with fuel pumps. I finally found my problem on my car. EGR valve was bad. but i was getting two codes knock and lift sensor. might wanna check your fuel pressure as well.

Does your car do it all the time, or only at normal opperating temperature?

it does this alll the time!!

today, i tried to waste all my gas, thinking it might be bad gas because a buddys car did this when he had bad gas... but that didnt help after i got some from BP.

also note, that it dosent really miss fired... just sounds like a WRX now...idk what up, im gonna have to check my fuel filter tomorrow...

HELP ME OUT!! haha,
-Mike

i think its fixed... i check the injector clips... and they were loose... like really loose.. to the point where when i releave pressure from the clip, it would connect... so used some tape :)

damn im a dumbass....

thanks for everyone who gave me some info

Back