My car is done, engine build a success. Dyno here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Import Builders

Hi guys. Been doing this for a while. Its done. My car is running. Runs like a champ. 99%+ leakdown on all 4. 0 break-in also, raced it with 4 miles on it.

Here is the mods:

SMSP Header $1350
IB Spec Intake Manifold No price I can put on it, its 1 of a kind, maybe $600
H23 Block, stock Crank, stock rods, just blueprinted and balanced by us. Maybe $1600
Type-S pistons, STD bore, Press fit. $330
Deck Height is 11k in the hole.
Stock head gasket, H22A. $75
head not milled, H22A head $500
Portflow 3 angle valve job, stock head. $200
IB Spec Valvetrain $280
Stock H22A cams. (yeah stock, eat it). lol whatever huh?
Stock TB
IB Spec "Super Duper" intake (yeah, thats right, Super Duper) $250
full exhaust on the car, 2.5 inch crush bent, muffler shop special $140
28" Glasspack, Jegs, $18.99 + shipping.
Jegs, Super turbo Dynomax Muffler 2.5" offset. $65
RC 440 CC injectors. $300
Fuel rail. $120
Stock regulator
Stock civic VX fuel pump

Custom, 1 of a freaking kind, Tranny. 1st, 2nd custom, 3rd, 4th H22A, and 5th from a H23 machined to fit. $2700
Quaife LSD $850
Hasport 225 WHP Rated Axles $400

To hold the power down and bust 0-60 in 4 flat area:

Rota 15X7 Slipstream copy's. $450
BF Goodrich Geforce KD 225/50R15 9.2 inch contact area on ground, 24.0 inches in diameter. So they are basically like 24x9 slicks. $580

IB Spec Springs $210 shipped. I sell it at.
IB Spec Full suspension package, lower tie bar, upper strut bars, rear strut bar.

Brembo Brake rotors $120
Raybestos Ceramic brake pads STS $70

Weigh in time: 2230 with me in it, give or take how much gas I have in it a few lbs. thats with full interior, heater core, everything except jack and spare. back seats in, passenger seat in, everything in. Stock Hood.

I plan to get a CF hood next, and race it this weekend in carlsbad, trying to hit 12's on the street tires. I think it can. I already laced a ZX7 Kawasaki motorcyle with 1 car and the go. Laced. On the run he got a perfect launch, he didn't even catch up to the body of my car until 90 MPH.

jeffs%20civic.JPG

I was thinking, if I add some Super Duper pistons, and some cams, I can easily hit 270+ WHP no problem. cams are a good 20 HP right there over stock. Since I am running 91 octane, compression isn't even race ready yet by far.

Its pretty quick, look for me at carlsbad. Want to race me anyone for kicks? its a 93 Civic VX

Jeff

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Jun 16 2004, 01:23 AM
damn sounds badass jeff ! what car is this in ?

"Stock civic VX fuel pump" :hmm: :p

Good shite mang! Can I have it? :ph34r:

I answered all the questions in the main one, I edited it. So it doesn;t get all cluttered:)

I will sell it, I just wanted to see how much and how fast I could go with a stock longblock. If I sell it, I will do a K series in a 93 hatchback and make more power and run faster.

Jeff

VX pump can easily make probably I would guess 330 WHP. My duty cycle is not even close.

Those are RC 440 injectors. The pump is fine, its the pressure (mainly) that they can't push. But since the stock pressure is 38, it can maintain 38 PSI up to 300+.

We made 375 HP on a EX fuel pump. I don;t know if EX and VX pumps are different.

also, sorry guys, I can't post pictures of the engine bay, the intake manifold is secret, and so is the intake until I release it. Sorry,

sincerely

Jeff

you think you can just put a cardboard over the intake maybe so can just see the header and stuff? :) j/k

nice build, i want something like that but lookin for more power; the 280 setup sounds nice :D . btw, how much power you think with your setup but with je 11.5 pistons and jun camshafts gain?

Hi. If I put in JE pistons, I think it might gain about 5-10 WHP. If I put in Wiseco, it might gain 15-20.

I will take a picture for you guys. Ill delete the IM.

Jeff

Wow, excellent job jeff. Everything looks great. gotta love the dyno!

I wanna know whats so super duper about the intake mani, intake. :)

Whats so special? Any of you have good access to a dyno?

Tell you gentleman what. I make you a deal. You pay the price for the intake, and I can start shipping them to you guys only.

you dyno it VS whatever you want. An HONEST test. same temp VS same temp, etc.

And if it doesn;t make more power, I buy it back.

It was a good 20 HP over stock on my motor. On a guys short ram setup, it was like 13 HP better.

VS an AEM cold air, it was like 7 WHP better. there is simply nothing better.

Jeff

Did you pnp that head? Your head stops flowing around 7500rpm. Opening that bad boy up will do wonders. There aren't many designs of intake manifolds out on the market, I'm guessing one of those log style IMs like roger foo used on his protoge5. That would explain that lack of a low end, given the displacement you have. But really good numbers for using mostly stock components. I am very impressed! Open up that head!!!

Back