my car smokes more than i do ....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

morgan_spydergt

any ideas? what should i check ...

my car smokes like crazy when i go long distances yet when i pull up to the gas station and pop the hood to look for the source it tones down so much theres no smoke to follow .. it flows outta the sides of the hood while driving and from the front when stopped ...... been looking to fix this asap , just need to know what should i be looking for ?

:ph34r:, always the last thing i think of , should be able to check that by removing the heat sheild and trying to wiggle the header .. hmm . .maybe i should just replace that as well ... if i can find a good set ....

radio edit: made a long ass trip from home in H town to BFE LA.... i just changed all the oil on the last job i was on ... and checked it this morining and the bitch is almost empty .. so its ovious to me im burning oil , plus ive noticed on the back side of the valve cover gasket , its ripped out and theres fresh oil splattered all over it , so ive got a new one in the trunk of the car , PPPPPPP ..... now that i have an idea as what to do i need some time to do it , these guys work my ass harder than the donkey you just rode in on ....

the only time i get to do such jobs is down time at work ..... atleast i can stay drunk at work ...

Last edited:
yea as long as something isnt cracked its a bad gasket

Back