MY CAR SUCKS BALLS!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 26 2003, 09:46 PM
b16as are still fucking slow.

boost, the only way to go fast

or a better engine all motor. B18C1 in my rex going all motor, ive probably only seen two other crx's with this swap besides me, both of them were on the internet and are no where near where i live. i think im the only one in the greater part of baltimore with a crx with a b18c1 under the hood.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jul 26 2003, 11:21 PM

or a better engine all motor.

My '93 Si with a full interior, a bone stock 130K mile motor, and a $750 turbo setup was running low 13's and walking ITR powered hatches all day long.

$750 turbo- 230 HP, 198 ft lbs., torque peak starting at 2700 RPM and going to 6500 RPM.

$5500 swap- 195 HP, 134 ft lbs., torque peak somewhere around 5500 RPM.

Turbo D makes more torque at 2500 RPM than the B18C5 does at peak, and the D makes more torque longer than the C5. Sure, the B18C5 will give more power when boosted, but when running on a budget, you CANNOT beat boosted D series.

That's pretty much the end of it, so don't bother arguing.

my b16/b20 t4 setup gives me 235 horse and like 200 tq peaks somewhere around 3 pulls like a bitch :lol:

12000 for the entire car and i have a VAFC in there that I havent even started to tune...(of course my cars in an impound lot now :mad:)

is it a good setup tho? i really wanted a b18 but this seems to kick some ass

i run 13s w/ what i have so how much influence will teh vafc have on my times?

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jul 26 2003, 11:26 PM-->
@Jul 26 2003, 11:21 PM

or a better engine all motor.

My '93 Si with a full interior, a bone stock 130K mile motor, and a $750 turbo setup was running low 13's and walking ITR powered hatches all day long.

$750 turbo- 230 HP, 198 ft lbs., torque peak starting at 2700 RPM and going to 6500 RPM.

$5500 swap- 195 HP, 134 ft lbs., torque peak somewhere around 5500 RPM.

Turbo D makes more torque at 2500 RPM than the B18C5 does at peak, and the D makes more torque longer than the C5. Sure, the B18C5 will give more power when boosted, but when running on a budget, you CANNOT beat boosted D series.

That's pretty much the end of it, so don't bother arguing.

1) i was talking about a CRX, not an eg hatch, crx's are significantly lighter
2) i was talking about the b18c1, the gsr engine, not the itr engine
3) the engine is an overall better engine and will handle the abuse better
4) crx's with b18cs are also into the 13's full interior (even the si model)
5) the tranny has better gearing which can be determinng factor in a race
6) although i have never raced a boosted d series car, i would feel very confident about the race
7) not everyone can get a turbo for their car for only 750 bucks, not everyone is as mechanically inclined as others

im not arguing, im just stating facts.

Originally posted by tedwright@Jul 26 2003, 06:19 PM
h22 powered dx running 10s in the 1/8 mile?? riiiiiight

I have a 98 DX with a D16Y7 with h/i/e and 50 shot and ran a 10.1 at the Huntsville dragway on street tires. What is so unbelievable about that?

exactly, you have a pretty much stock civic dx, and spraying a 50shot, you are running 10s 1/8 mile. if ANYONE has an h22 powered dx, and they are barely keeping up with a virtually stock civic dx, then there is obviously a problem.........

maybe someone should welcome him to honda 1st then welcome to slower generation,lol j/k.. Tunning and modding is only about 30% of car tunning, the rest is mainting it! thats the key!.

i had a friend ran a ZC to 14.3's without nitrous or Boost. he had
ACT Clutch
Lightened flywheel
header
CAI
Exhaust
Ground Cams( done by colt cams)
ZC Ecu chipped.

so ya a ZC can be fast u just gotta learn to drive and get some more mods. just think, if my friend ran a 50 shot, he'd be seeing 13's. thats pretty damn good for a 1.6L D series.

Originally posted by tedwright@Jul 27 2003, 12:21 PM
exactly, you have a pretty much stock civic dx, and spraying a 50shot, you are running 10s 1/8 mile. if ANYONE has an h22 powered dx, and they are barely keeping up with a virtually stock civic dx, then there is obviously a problem.........

The guy in the h22 dx problem either can't drive, has a four door. crappy tires, the list can go on. i ran that 10.1 on spray and that was my best but i run 10.8s consistantly without nitrous and all of this is on an autozone clutch which i think is funny because it is a crappy as clutch.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jul 27 2003, 01:10 PM
i had a friend ran a ZC to 14.3's without nitrous or Boost. he had
ACT Clutch
Lightened flywheel
header
CAI
Exhaust
Ground Cams( done by colt cams)
ZC Ecu chipped.

so ya a ZC can be fast u just gotta learn to drive and get some more mods. just think, if my friend ran a 50 shot, he'd be seeing 13's. thats pretty damn good for a 1.6L D series.

Nice. :thumbsup:

Back