My car to be in magazine??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

So, to make a very long story short.....i told you guys back June how i got my Corvette supercharged and i was totaly dissapointed with the results and i dumped allot of money into the car.....Well i was on the corvette forums and somebody from Carrol Superchargering,-Blowerworks, had posted a sort of how to/care guide for superchargers and to email him your you wanted a copy sent to you....So i emailed him and said to him,

"I would love a copy...Hopefully it will explain why the hell my ATI Procharger on my 1994 Auto is making some weak ass power after $7600 from J & M Motorsports in CT..."

And he wrote back to me asking about the Dyno chart and A/F ratio, spark curve ect....

i emailed him the Dyno Chart, he said something is definitly wrong....Then he emailed me the following on Saturday..

"SCOTT,

I'D LIKE TO FIX YOUR VETTE AS PART OF A MAGAZINE ARTICLE. WOULD NEED YOUR CAR FOR A WEEK OR TWO.

ONLY COSTS TO YOU WOULD BE DYNO TIME (I HAVE NO DYNO) AND A WATER KIT ($395.00). MY PROMISE TO YOU WOULD BE A MINIMUM 400 RWHP. DYNO TIME WILL NOT EXCEED $400 - IF IT DID I'D TAKE CARE OF.

SINCERELY
GREG"

I thought that was pretty cool....and i can't wait to get the process started

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Nov 22 2004, 09:22 AM
So, to make a very long story short.....i told you guys back June how i got my Corvette supercharged and i was totaly dissapointed with the results and i dumped allot of money into the car.....Well i was on the corvette forums and somebody from Carrol Superchargering,-Blowerworks, had posted a sort of how to/care guide for superchargers and to email him your you wanted a copy sent to you....So i emailed him and said to him,

"I would love a copy...Hopefully it will explain why the hell my ATI Procharger on my 1994 Auto is making some weak ass power after $7600 from J & M Motorsports in CT..."

And he wrote back to me asking about the Dyno chart and A/F ratio, spark curve ect....

i emailed him the Dyno Chart, he said something is definitly wrong....Then he emailed me the following on Saturday..

"SCOTT,

I'D LIKE TO FIX YOUR VETTE AS PART OF A MAGAZINE ARTICLE. WOULD NEED YOUR CAR FOR A WEEK OR TWO.

ONLY COSTS TO YOU WOULD BE DYNO TIME (I HAVE NO DYNO) AND A WATER KIT ($395.00). MY PROMISE TO YOU WOULD BE A MINIMUM 400 RWHP. DYNO TIME WILL NOT EXCEED $400 - IF IT DID I'D TAKE CARE OF.

SINCERELY
GREG"

I thought that was pretty cool....and i can't wait to get the process started
[post=420314]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd be hard to give up my car for 1 to 2 weeks.. well if its true congrads... :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 22 2004, 10:02 AM
i would never trust a letter written to me in all caps....
[post=420320]Quoted post[/post]​

dude sometimes your level of pessimism is just amazing to me

youd you send your car off to seomwone for two weeks who wrote you a letter in all caps?

i know i wouldn't.

my pessimisn my be appaling, but at least my shit isn't on the verge of being stolen, parted out and burned.
it takes an average theif 20 hours to strip an entire car.
in 2 weeks time- my god.

and if it REALLY takes them 2 weeks to dyno your car, i wouldn't trust them as tuners either.

and how do you know hes from carrol?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 22 2004, 10:29 AM
youd you send your car off to seomwone for two weeks who wrote you a letter in all caps?

i know i wouldn't.

my pessimisn my be appaling, but at least my shit isn't on the verge of being stolen, parted out and burned.
in 2 weeks time- my god.

and if it REALLY takes them 2 weeks to dyno your car, i wouldn't trust them as tuners either.

and how do you know hes from carrol?
[post=420325]Quoted post[/post]​

Because i just called CarrolSupercharging and he answered and said he already talked to the guy about writing the article and talked to all the shop people..He said we are gonna start this project this week.... And he is a Corvetteforum.com sponsor

i'd still be cautious.

what if they blow it up on the dyno? are they going to pay for that?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 22 2004, 10:40 AM
i'd still be cautious.

what if they blow it up on the dyno?  are they going to pay for that?
[post=420327]Quoted post[/post]​

He said if anything happens it will be covered, the only thing that he said they won;t be resposible for is the tranny down the road, because he is saying that in time all the horsepower is gonna wear it down, which is a no brainer...but 400rwhp he said is going to be achived

i know allot of forum people who had work done here and they are all happy with the results they got from CarrolSupercharing-Blowerwoks...they are making big numbers on their C4's....

I'm an optimistic person so i guess we just have to see..

he said 1 -2 to weeks, he has to make some custom pieces to bypass the intercooler plus...

hey congrats man- hope everything works out

and not to be a pessimist myself, but just make sure you get everything in writing- Reputable shop or not, you could always get screwed

but good luck and can't wait to see vids when it's finished :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 22 2004, 10:29 AM
You would you send your car off to someone for two weeks who wrote you a letter in all caps?

i know i wouldn't.

my pessimism may be appalling, but at least my shit isn't on the verge of being stolen, parted out and burned.
in 2 weeks time- my god.

and how do you know he's from carrol?

What about trusting an admin who can't spell or use proper grammar? :fuckyou:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Nov 22 2004, 12:45 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 22 2004, 10:29 AM
You would you send your car off to someone for two weeks who wrote you a letter in all caps?

i know i wouldn't.

my pessimism may be appalling, but at least my shit isn't on the verge of being stolen, parted out and burned.
in 2 weeks time- my god.

and how do you know he's from carrol?

What about trusting an admin who can't spell or use proper grammar? :fuckyou:
[post=420397]Quoted post[/post]​

Blah i can't make fun, i have the wrost typing skills ever

But yeah thanks guys, i can;t wait either. i dunno how its gonna work but i know he said he wants to start this week...so i'm pretty siked...hopefully the car come sout good and i will definitly get things in writing, themost important thing to me is making sure the car runs right.....though having it in a magazine would be cool too

imo get all the stuff he SAID was gonna be covered written with his sig on it

Back