My car won't start!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
I was leaving for work, and its been raining hard all day. Go to start my car and it won't start. The starter goes and goes but the engine won't start. I think its a fuel problem. How do I troubleshoot to check and see if the fuel pump went, or my fuel filter is clogged. My guess is that its fuel related.
Thanks

This might sound weird but if you can leave the windows open to get a little heat out of the car. It could be your main relay. My car would be harder to start when it was raining out, until I replaced the main relay.

:emofo:
I appreciate you trying to help me, but I honestly didn't understand a word you said. Try using punctuations and better grammar or something, cuz none of that made much sense to me.

LOL WTF someone deleted his post!

Damn, anyone else with suggestions? If it is the fuel pump, how hard is it to install? I really don't have the money to pay a mechanic. I need ideas to trouble shoot. Its a 94 civic hb 5 spd cx (w/dx motor)

when you just turn the ignition on (dont start the car) do you hear the pump come on? you should be able to hear it make a humming noise right when it comes on.

I never really heard that, but I will pay attention when I do it in the morning. If i hear it, does it mean it works?

So, it started today. Not raining ofcourse. Someone told me it might be the fuel pump relay. Anyone have any input? Damn I need to get a car manual.

ask E, he loves replacing relays and pumps...lol

oh by the way fuel pumps are easy to install....really easy..

Mialn

Back