my cd drive won't open on my laptop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
my cd drive won't open on my lap top. when i hit the eject button it doesn't really do anything, but the orange light on it flashes about 10 times really quick. what is the code for a 10 on a laptop light. :mad:

i dont think its anything you downloaded, that button is directly linked to the power of your computer, its doesnt NATIVELY support the ability to open the cd drive...its something that software has added. no software to my knowledge can prevent that drive from opening.

Actually if you are running an older linux system (before automount) if you had the CD mounted it would refuse to open the drive. If you are running windows of newer linux then there is no software reason for it.

Actually if you are running an older linux system (before automount) if you had the CD mounted it would refuse to open the drive. If you are running windows of newer linux then there is no software reason for it.

i'm an idiot. i had an issue with my power button, so i took the top key pad off the other day. when i put it together i put a screw that was about 1/16 longer in it. it kept it from opening. i just switched 2 screws now it works. :slap:

I run a current Linux distro and my drive will not eject when mounted.

Back