My CEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdg

I'm in a stock 2000 Si. I drove to school yesterday. After school, I drive home and suddenly my CEL comes on and it hasn't left since. No explanation.

I'm just about to hit 73,000 miles. Does that have anything to do with it? someone said it does; like it's programmed to come on around 70k?

I'm no good with pulling the codes b/c i dont know much about shit. yeah i'm pretty much a dumbass w/ cars. i cant figure out how but fuck it.
its probably time to get a service check anyway. I bought it in July and havn't had it serviced yet except for one oil change.

just wondering if the CEL has anything to do w/ miles like this one dude told me. my car drives just like normal, i notice nothing weird but i hate seeing that light.

Let me ask you something, last time you filled up did you be sure to tighten the gas cap down all the way?

If you don't tighten it enough the CEL will come on and will take three trips before it turns off.

Matter of fact, I read your post about your experience with that a few weeks ago or so (whenever it was) and was sure to always tighten it the three clicks.

But is there any truth to the light coming on automatically around 70k?
Cuz I don't know whats up. I'm just gonna take it to Honda, get a 70k service.

Back