My Christmas Car Build Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!!!

GOT THE NEW TRANNY IN...

As i'm all done, finally ready, everything good to go. I pull out of the shop in anticpation of how short these fking gears are. Licking my lips, I start to drive off.

After about 20 seconds, I start to think "man its just like the old tranny" when it hits me.

I got conned. The mother fucker who sold me the tranny made me drive 2 hours back and forth to get another EX tranny.

This blowback has been the last straw for people fucking me over with this car all because they want to make a quick buck.

Project's on hold, continuation date pending. Sorry, and GG to life.

If I recall, the EX trans has a bit shorter gears than the LX/DX, but not as dramatic as the Si gearing - did you check the trans code at all? Don't take this the wrong way, but you honestly didn't know it wasn't the right transmission till you drove the car after the install?

The trans code was not there, even the mechanic commented on it not being there. I just asumed nobody would try and fuck a guy that was driving 4 hours to go get it...

Ya, started driving, told myself "WTF feels like the old tranny" then it hit me lol...

Gonna be away from the project for while

Never dies...

So, after a long absence...i'm back, and I'm getting more goodies too boot.

New parts coming in:

Brand new, fresh rebuilt t25 (i'm going to be the first person to spool it)
plx_m300.jpg

new PLX wideband

annnnnnnnnnd
still working on that new (3rd fucking time) tranny

New question though...

I think I need a head gasket change before the summer hits, but I have no idea what part to buy for it? Do I get the d15b7 HG or the z6 HG? Any thoughts?

I feel like i'm starting all over again ahahha

There's a really good article on D-series.com about the replacement parts for the D15b. I'll try to remember to get a link for you when I get on my laptop. You could always poke around a bit on it too. There's a lot of good info on it.

I just ordered my D15b, D15b trans, and p08 ecu last night! :D

Congrats bro, keep at it! And get me that link... I'm also trying to figure out if I can order springs and retainers for the z6 and hope they'll hit the d15b. Work in progress... I might also switch out or a z6 in the future, who knows :)

thanks bud! nothing on the head gasket though, but when I go get my valves lashed and maybe reseated at least I know i can order the part now

just use a regular d-series metal head gasket.
for the gearing EX=SI for 92-95 (hydro trans)
1st gear:
3.250 39/12 all
2nd gear:
1.900 38/20 ex/si (92-95)
3rd gear:
1.250 35/28 ex/si (92-00)
4th gear:
0.909 30/33 dx/lx/hx/ex/si (92-95)
5th gear:
0.702 37/26 all non si (92-00)
0.750 36/27 sol si (93-95)
Final drive
4.250 68/16 ex/si (88-00) found in all d-series si's, and hydro EX's
the only difference is the del sol si 5th gear.

thanks for the headgasget idea, but why are you giving me gear ratios of d series trannies? lol

because you were angry that some one sold you an EX trans instead of a SI trans?
the gears are the same, except 5th in a del sol si.

So, got the P08 map chip, rev limiter (no mis shifts finally lol), car runs like a baby's bottom. It does have a wierd idle issue, I might take a video of it at a latter date. Other than that, the car pulls harder now than before, still waiting on a decent paycheck to get that SI tranny in.

Turbo's on its way here, gotta start buying the other parts for it :))))))))

So...
dumbass in Michigan sent my turbo to BC instead of here...that's being worked out

I got sick of this long ass tranny, so i'm buying the SI tranny tonight and hopefully an install tomorrow. Other than that, nothing new to add. If anybody wants to chime in, I got a question.

What are the valve lash specs for the d15b? I can't find them anywhere...

Long time since an update

Bought the SI tranny, have $100's in parts waiting for my t25 annnnnnd...

Crashed it. Motor was untouched, need a new rad and steering box/pump, few hoses but the front in is completely totalled and doubt it will pass a safety.

So i'm looking at a Talon Tsi, thoughts/comments?

Long time since an update

Bought the SI tranny, have $100's in parts waiting for my t25 annnnnnd...

Crashed it. Motor was untouched, need a new rad and steering box/pump, few hoses but the front in is completely totalled and doubt it will pass a safety.

So i'm looking at a Talon Tsi, thoughts/comments?

I think you got hosed on the T25. been way too long!

Talons are good, can be made into quick cars BUT!

CrankWalk.jpg

^bahahaha I have that pic somewhere in my archives haha
i'm getting the 2g(b), 97 edition, 7bolt motor should be crankwalk-proof i think, plus its got a bunch of goodies, upgraded to a 16g and has DSM link with a manual boost controller+wideband, so I can street tune it :) only $3k too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back