My civic is alive!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
My civic is alive! Pics added

If this should be in Auto Multi-Media? Move if so.

After trying to rush the shit out of dropping the rebuilt D16y7 back into my 00 civic and ending up having way more extra time than I figured, it's finally in and running. It isn't running so hot, though. It's running pretty smooth and doesn't stall or anything, but a bit of a lack in power and some backfiring =(. Going to check the valve adjustments and then the timing today. It's not overheating, so the timing can't be THAT far off. Not the distributor cap, maybe a vacuum line? I mixed a lot of premium with the small amount of old gas in there, maybe the old gas had the funk? Fuck, I hate trying to rush things. I didn't take any pictures of the whole process which I regret, but I'll snap a few results and show off my $500 dollar car like I said I would a while ago. I'll pickup some batteries for the digital on my way home today. Feel free to throw some mechanical suggestions my way and wish me luck.

Edit....
First of all, screw all of you and timing =P I didn't get to the timing today, but I will surely do that before driving it hard. The lack of hp and major sputtering problem was found within 1 minute of having the hood up... My friend managed to fuck up the firing pattern! I told him at least three times and he reassured me that he was positive it's correct... Asshole =/. Cylinders 2 and 4 were switched, not firing, and the plugs looked like this... I hope that's the only thing that caused it...
Plug.jpg

After finding that, I readjusted the valves and they were all pretty much perfect. Started it, and now it runs a million times better, but with slight, infrequent sputtering when you hit the gas and a few backfires =P. I decide to drive it further than 10 yard for the first time, so I take it slow down my dirt road until I hit a paved one. I go to accelerate above 15mph for the first time and all of a sudden the power stops. The car is running fine, but my car is just drifting.. The very end of the CV axles that lock in were stripped and popped out ='(.

Hahaha, this followed .... You'll notice towards the end of the video, you see the speed jump up without me putting it in gear. The speedometer doesn't work and it randomly jumps up all the time. Another project.

Another problem is one of the rims is royally fucked. The douche blew the tire and drove on it...
ChippedRim.jpg

This sucks because I kind of like the set... Feel free to post a link to a set of rims you all think would look nice. I'm having a hard time deciding on a new set.
Rim.jpg

Here are a few other pics of my (originally)$500 car =D. Whole car is still dirty, including the engine. I was in a huge rush to get it done. I need a new passenger side head light, this one is dirty as hell.

Engine.jpg

Car.jpg

DF.jpg

My sweet decals
Decals.jpg

Recked, this one is for you! The one with messed up horns up close is the one who charged me that morning. I put a leash on the calf and walk her around lol.
Cows.jpg

Lots of small projects left, but it will be my DD very soon. I have yet to clean it, it's covered in dust everywhere and a few small dings/scratches. I'll get it painted eventually. I already bought new CV axles, but the bitch gave me the wrong passenger side seal =(. The whole inside is clean, but I'm still getting new carpet. To answer a few questions prematurely....
I am a dirty redneck =P
I did take the engine out, rebuild it, and drop it back in in an open, red pole barn next to a Le Baron and a BMW bike =P
I know I type way too much.

Last edited:
timing will get you everytime :)

ive been there :(

Recked, this one is for you! The one with messed up horns up close is the one who charged me that morning. I put a leash on the calf and walk her around lol.
that cow looks fucking pissed

Haha, I don't think she was too fond of the camera's flash =P She can be a huge bitch.

You get her runnin right yet?
I checked out the timing early this morning and it looks alright for the most part. I couldn't get a good look though because I had to go to work. Going to pickup the needed seal on my way to the gym and put the other CV axle in when I get back. If that goes well, I'll drive it around a bit tonight and see how it goes.

I really need to buy new rims everyone. I don't wish to spend anymore than $450 and I'd like to stick with 17's. Let me have some opinions/pics! I want to see what others think =D

I'm pretty excited now =) Skipping other plans to go straight home and get this thing moving again =D

It's up and driving! All I need are rims and tires now =D It runs fucking perfect(knock on wood). Finally, my first honda and it will be my DD in about two weeks =)

Back