My Civic shakes at 45mph

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 92 civic hatch with a B16a, and around 45mph my car starts shaking, going up hill is worse. It's almost like a thud sound when going up hill that is. I got new tire a week ago and they were balanced so it can't be that. I also just put a motor mount bolt in that was missing(I got it off an older Integra).

So what is making my car shake?? Thanks

The first two things that pop into my head are alignment or warped rotors.

Alignment will not cause a shake. Warped rotors will only cause a shake/wobble when the brakes are applied.

More than likely your front tires are out of balance. The first thing to do would be go to a tire shop and get them balanced. If it still shakes after they're balanced, it's possible you have a bad tire with tread separation or something to that effect.

I went to the shop where I got the tires, and they said that the axles went bad. One of the axles came from a parts store 8 months ago, and the other came with the engine. Oh, the tires were balanced and the wheels were put on tight. Now here is my only problem. What axle do I get? Performance ones or a stock ones? And what car would I get them for with a B16A2 swap in a 92 Civic CX? The man said I could have gotten the wrong axles.

well i have a 93 coupe w/ a b16a2 and 2000 si axles in it
life time warranty wrom orilleys wtmfw
hope this helps

Back