My Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

Hello, this is my civic. So far my mods include:
B&M Short Throw Shifter
Apexi World Sport Exhaust
DC 4-1 Header
AEM CAI
Skunk 2 intake manifold
Front Strut Bar
Apexi VTEC controller
Tokico Blues - rated at a 1.5 inch drop (for some reason the back lookes like it dropped alot compared to the front. (see pic) Is this normal and would a wider tire help to make it look lower? Mine are 195/55/R15 now.) Also, the car is sitting on a gravel carport, so it is not completely flat by any means. Would a bigger wheel help? I was contemplating a 16" wheel too.
I may have left out something, but anyway, tell me what you think...
pic%20008.jpg

pic%20007.jpg

pic%20010.jpg

not saying you did this, but i know it can be done...

sometimes lowering springs are installed incorrectly...
as in the backs are put in the front and the fronts in the back...
and the result will look something like how your car looks...

looks good so far, drop it a bit more with some different springs or coilovers. Im not a big fan of the wing, but other than that its lookin good.

Thanks for the complements. I am sure that I didnt put the springs on wrong, well I helped my friend do it after he put his on his del sol, and somebody posted a pic of their CRX with the springs on backwards (just for a joke) and it looked sagged in the back real bad. I bought the car with the spoiler and if I took it off I would have to bondo the holes and re-paint and I don't really wanna do that right now.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Mar 22 2005, 09:43 PM
looks good so far, drop it a bit more with some different springs or coilovers. Im not a big fan of the wing, but other than that its lookin good.
[post=477293]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: Nice looking ride....But spoiler has to go......my .02. Other than that.... :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.....
any future mods....engine wise.....?

Good luck!

^^ I agree, and I didnt want to slam my car because where I drive is nasty for potholes and uneven streets. Anyway, would a different tire help to make m car look lower? I have 195/55-R15's now. Would a wider tire help or a bigger wheel?

i like the color and the wheels.

i dont like the type r spoiler, though.

Future mods will include me paying it off, hopefully this summer :D

I was thinking of either doing internal engine upgrades, cam, ect or 16" wheels, or take it to a shop and have the spoiler removed, fill holes and re-paint. :unsure:

I drive it back and forth to college everyday, so it sees the highway mostly

Thank You again for the compliments.

looks good so far. i don't like the spoiler either (too tall), i'd go with a stock one or none at all. i've heard a lot of people say that the front of their cars look higher than the back after lowering it. maybe the front wheel well is bigger than the back? otherwise i'd go with coilovers to get rid of the wheelgap.

err green...but nice and cleen.....nice grab

i bigger wheel wont help. a lower profile tire wont really either, cuz itll drop the back just as much as the front.. plus you said its on a gravel driveway, so its obviously gonna be uneven. just buy a new wing that has the same mounting points...like an Si wing...

I found a painted SI wing on ebay with the option to chose the color to match my car for 170 shipped. Is this a good price? i don't know much about exterior prices.

But how is he suppose to fly fast without a wing??? Nice car BTW. I would loose the super tall wing, and check your springs; it looks off.

Back