My Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

on those model civics the rear fenderwell is shaped a little lower than the front. so it will look slightly off. my 2 inch drop on my sportlines has two finger tight up front and one finger tight in the back.

lol that was dirty... :mrgreen:

btw...projectxspeed.. your link doesnt work in your sig.

car sits a little high mines dumped but i got cheapo coil overs ! and yea wings the only thing taking away from your car- !

Nice Honda!! Besides what everyone else stated, i.e. I dont like the spoiler, I think it looks good. If you want to make it appear lower you should get bigger rims to fill up the gap of the wheel well. You always want the wheel well to be full in my opinion. And I think thats what you were asking. Anyway, nice Honda and yes get bigger rims, maybe 17's or 18's. No bigger than 18 though, 17 would probably be big enough.

Yea comcast wouldn't let me export my webpage from one account to another so it was lost :( I will restore it and all my turbo progress to in after I move into my new apartment in May. Right now busy with life.

Was reading back through the posts and I noticed that someone said that bigger rims or diff tires won't help. I disagree. As I stated before if you add bigger rims it will fill the wheel well up better and the car will "appear" lower. However you could also get like different springs and lower it less in the rear and more in the front. I however think that you need bigger than 15's-16's on that bodystyle civic. I mean look at the rims on this CRX (granted it has a bodykit and other things) but the car has 18's on it and they don't look like wheelchair rims by any means.

fav_pic.jpg

its the kit that makes it look like that.. lol ive seen 18's on an integra and they looked huge. 18s will look huge unless you have a car with a deep fenderwell, like an eclipse or srt4, not a honda. that thing will look like it has wagon wheels.

This particular bodykit doesnt affect the depth of the fenderwells at all. It makes the car WIDER thats all. They just snapped the wider fender into place where a stock fender would normally go.

160crx.jpg

Just look at how much bigger the wheel well looks with the stock Si rims in place. All they did was get bigger rims/smaller tires. (to keep the total circumference the same) They DO have tokico shocks and ground control coilovers but I think my argument is pretty solid, these wheels fill the fender well up better. I don't know how well they turn but the guy does drive it so it must be o.k.

The reason it appears to be sitting the way it is is due to the gravel carport I am under. I will take another picture of my car sitting on a leverl surface to show you guys the gap in the front isnt as bad as it appears.
Thank You for the compliments though!

Originally posted by Harms Way@Mar 22 2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the complements. I am sure that I didnt put the springs on wrong, well I helped my friend do it after he put his on his del sol, and somebody posted a pic of their CRX with the springs on backwards (just for a joke) and it looked sagged in the back real bad. I bought the car with the spoiler and if I took it off I would have to bondo the holes and re-paint and I don't really wanna do that right now.
[post=477300]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe it just hasnt settled right yet.

I know after i put in my springs that it took a few weeks to sit right . . .

That black widow widebody is fuckin sick.

Yeah, I've got 18s on the ricebucket cause everything else just looked too small.

not a bad start on your Civic. i had 17s on my 97 Civic EX coupe with Ground Control coilovers and had no fender gap...well i kept it slammed too. i got a pic of it if you wanna see what it looked like.

Back