my close friend wants to trade me.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4500 outright is fair for everyone. its not like he has some volks or something with high value, all he has is a b16 which are a dime a dozen.

any "dohc vtec" and "dime a dozen" should never be in the same sentence
lol
i personally wouldn't go for it...
whats your car kbb for?

His Civic has the work done to it, but you're car has way more potential with that $3000.

And his work includes some really good parts (Gator axles) but they are parts that aren't even near their need - what with a B16 and all. Not exactly an axle-breaker if you catch my drift.

So he's got the bits, but his car isn't really designed well. Keep your car. Also, those wheels come free in cereal boxes.

if your car is completely stock and in excellent condition, its probably worth as much if not more than 6k. I would do a stright swap, sell the wheels, and get me something better. They are like baseball cards anyways. One week someone is looking for those red ones and another week its a slipstream sale. If you were planning on building the hatch, do it, this does save you a lot of time and money since you can trust this guy. If you were going to keep it stock , then the answer is clear: put your 3k on the crx.

BTW: good running and legit b16s are only dime a dozen if you have a lot of money to burn.

EG hatch with a decent powerplant, lsd, rear discs, and a decent suspension is pretty good if you can get it straight up.
It's not like he's looking at a crappy Chevy :lol:

4.5k is reasonable, and my ek is in grat shape and its worth 4.1k-4.5k so giving him 7k for that car is not a good deal at all

i was thinking of buying it, selling the altima, selling the crx as a rolling shell, and keep the lsv swap until i can install it in the EK.

BTW the gator axles were given to him as payment for doing a swap, so was the gsr lsd tranny.

any "dohc vtec" and "dime a dozen" should never be in the same sentence
lol
i personally wouldn't go for it...
whats your car kbb for?

everyone has a b16 and they can be had for as little as 500-900 for a longblock. so they are what i said cheap and abundant.

everyone has a b16 and they can be had for as little as 500-900 for a longblock. so they are what i said cheap and abundant.

That's nice and all but in his dx hatch (note:D DX) he needs more than a longblock, including a transmission (ones with good synchros cost some cash), ecu, motor mounts, and shift linkage and axles.....

4.5k is reasonable, and my ek is in grat shape and its worth 4.1k-4.5k so giving him 7k for that car is not a good deal at all

i was thinking of buying it, selling the altima, selling the crx as a rolling shell, and keep the lsv swap until i can install it in the EK.

BTW the gator axles were given to him as payment for doing a swap, so was the gsr lsd tranny.

so he's making money. Sorry man i wouldnt get it. like everyone here says. you cant build it and expect to get it all back. just keep your rex.put the LSV and come to Tally to race me;)

Back