my company just got contacted by FEMA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
as most of you know, i work for a call center.

FEMA has just contacted our heads of the company to set up a call center to handel missing people/looking for people, and so on type calls.

FEMA has a website set up somewhere where our agents will try to locte people who already called and left contact info vs people who are looking for people.

They are looking to add about 125 people/jobs/work stations to make this happen within the next few days-- basically, ASAP.

so, we're running around trying to get stations set up, hire people, figure out the DID's to the pri's and the phone T's...

hectic.

but, FEMA is paying our flat hourly rate for dedicated agents-- so thats good for the company. Their requirement was that it needed to be in the US- not over seas - and we got the call first, and after we contract X stations, they are going to fill the rest with other companies.

so, thats good news for us i guess.... we're on fema's top of the list.

we aren't hiring at the moment. only minimum wage phone agents in lockhaven, montoursville Pa, debeque iowa, and brownsville tx.

Back