My Computer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Damn it took me nearly 4 months to get here. Most of it was waiting to move so i could setup all my stuff. Finally moved to UC Davis and it was a hassle. Moved twice because the original owner didnt have his shit straight so we ditched his ass. Long story. Anyway found a different house. 3 bedrooms 2 baths, 2 car garage, and 1400 sq. ft. Its $1450/month because housing is mad gay here.

Anyway down to my computer. It took a hella long ass time but here it is:

The monitor is a huge 19inch i got for 170 after rebate. Its a Benq and i posted the deal here. It was a big sale and sold out fast.

The tower is a little flashy, but has excellent cooling and thats what i really cared about. 120mm for intake and exhaust and 1 80mm side fan plus vents out the sides for better cooling. $60 zipzoomfly

The mainboard is a DFI unit. Hassle to setup but rock solid. Dual core compatiable, 7.1 nvidia and realtek audio, 8 usb 2.0, firewire, 2 gigabit lan, and dual pci 16express slots. easily easily modded to sli and because exact same chip except disabled sli. $125 monarch

The chip is an AMD 64 Revision E Venice core 3000+. It was initially at 1.8ghz but the DFI allowed me to bring it to 2.4ghz with a 3/4 divider on shitty 1gb corsair value ram (not recommened with dfi, but otherwise GREAT for the money). Runs very cool at 35 c at idle and 43 load with STOCK Fan at a whopping 1.37volts. 150 for cpu and 81 for ram at monarch

Power supply is a modular OCZ 420 Watt supply that is rated at a healthy 500 when loaded. 60 at monarch. great powersupply but wouldve gone for an OCZ powerstream instead of this modstream for better rails and adjustibilty.

e-vga 6600gt. excellent card for 150 bucks.

logitech x530 for 10 after rebates and amazon gift card.

desk was hella cheap too. 60 after rebates at office depot and after coupons. nice solid steel desk with glass top.

1 Maxtor 80gb from previous computer spare, shitty with 2mb but serves as store. also loud as fuck. 1 160gb seagate 8mb which is very good with 5 yr warranty. $20 after price matching circuit city with wal mart. wal mart had it for 100 and circuit city had it for 120 and 40 after rebates. waited till sale was over and price matched when it was 120 with wal mart. 20 for 160gb? :worthy: p-ata but still very good.

16x lite on dvdrom 20 bucks off the egg. and a plextor 716sa from spare computer.

m$ wireless keyboard and mouse. 20 bucks off pricegrabber.

Final price is 886 minus the extra drive and plextor because spare parts. However, its a very fast computer that does 1mb super pi in 36 secs and got a 5500 on 3dmark05. this well last me at easily least 4-5 years. i can still upgrade to dual core and sli graphics but i dont mad mulitasking or gaming. Burning dvds in 30 minutes with ripping, encoding, and compressing is great.

Back