My Constant Headache

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freshie

Sorry for the long post :unsure:

Well a few months back i did a mini me swap on my d16y7 97 Coupe using a 98 ex head/IM/ecu

that was alright, got most of the bugs from it squashed(cept fuel pressure sensor code it used to throw me) but now i went turbo(greddy 15g kit, no intercooler(yet) type s bov).

recently i been having surges i guess is the word to use

It started two days ago when i was going to my friends. i pulled into a 7-11 after highway driving for about 20 minutes and when i went to park my car and it would not stop revving. I put it into neutral and it was still doing it. The entire way to my friends it was still doing it. We disconnected one of the sensors(not sure which he was under my hood while i was in the car) and the idle went to normal(just started stinking like raw gas) so we clipped it back in and idle started doing it again. Could this be bad sensor? Or a Vacuum Leak?

All yesterday it was doing it everyonce in awhile, went to the store it did it, Parked and shut the car off and came back and it didn't do it on my way home. then leave from my friends house and 10 minutes into the ride it starts doing it again. Off an On it did it last night up till i got home.

It tossed code #5 at me, i reset the ECU and that code hasn't come back but this morning it tossed me #45 then started doing it again. I was on an open road so i boosted(it was 6am no one around) and when i came down from boost to a stop at a redlight it wasn't doing it anymore. Im not a mechanic, i know some but not alot about engines but this has just got me stumped, i read this (https://hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=55) and im gonna try some of the stuff i get home but a code #45 says "System Too Lean or Too Rich
malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems" - where would i check for this?

thanks guys, im getting migraines trying to fix this car : /

It could be the FCU in the Greddy kit that is making you throw the #45 code. The FCU just dumps mad fuel to keep you from detonating.

what ECU are you using? that was probably the MAP sensor you pulled off to make it smell like raw eggs. check and make sure you didnt mix up the MAP sensor and the TPS sensor...

im using one out of a 98 ex, its all stock fuel system also, think i could be getting a #45 from a drop in fuel pressure or something when i boost? pump can't deliver what the engine wants?

i know one code i got before all this was always Fuel Pressure Sensor, from what i found out it didnt come on my year unless my car was a cali car...should i maybe try finding a 97 ex(non cali) ecu?

you have to re-wire your tps... and additionally the p1z (stock ecu) looks for a 3 wire EACV... the y8 intake mani only has a two wire EACV... your ecu now... p2p looks for the 2 wire sensor...

Back