My continuing EF project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well this wednesday i picked up my new car, a 90 civic si with a B16 SiR. I had some problems with getting spark, but thats all fixed now and its running like a champ. :edit: it also has the Y1 tranny w/LSD :D

The car itself is a bone-stock 1990 civic si with a b16a swap from jaydm.com (bought this unfinished from a friend). The only add ons it has are an ebay intake, a thermal 2.5" cat back, and clutch specialties stage 2 clutch(For now :ph34r: )

Welp enough of this on with the pics.....

gallery_32558_306_57510.jpg

gallery_32558_306_628.jpg

Notice the Type-R primer brown valve cover until I paint it
gallery_32558_306_122222.jpg

gallery_32558_306_131683.jpg

so lemme know what ya think :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

sweet....take some sand paper and go over the lettering on the head.....it would look cleaner....its a sweet ride... have fun

thanks guys!

I like it alot, now i just need to dive into the suspension and wheels/tires before i can do much else under the hood

Very nice! Now get a decent header on there to finish opening up your air pathway, then throw the battery in the spare tire well.

Originally posted by tphan4@Mar 14 2005, 05:41 PM
looks good to me...

id save for an ls or crv block...ALL MOTOR BITCHES!!
[post=473450]Quoted post[/post]​

hopefully i can find an ls block when i pull out the rear trailing arms/rear disk brakes out of a DA in my local yard :ph34r:

it prolly wouldnt go in for a while, but there cheap at the u-pull-it yard

it has the stock looking PGM-FI on it?? you just cant see it with the glare

my GC coilovers and KYB AGX's should be in tommorow or tuesday... ill post some pics before /after when i get em on next weekend B)

where its parked at school my sophisticated security system consists of no ecu. Plus all thats in the interior now is the door panels, seats, and some 4 dollar walmart floormats so it doesnt look to promising for a would be theif. The carpets were damn nasty and soaking wet underneath, theys melled like something crawled underneath 'em and died.

also, you cant see in the pics i got a lonely 1st gen crx wheel on the passenger rear, so if anyone has 3 and wants this one let me know lol i got a set of matching 14" steelies im putting on the back till i can find some nice teg/si wheels to put on.

heres a quick pick of it all gutted, i tried to upload a before pic with the nasty carpets but it wouldnt let me? As for the crappy quality its off my cell phone, maybe thats why it wouldnt let me upload the one, yeah well if it lets me eventually ill put it up....

gutted like a stinky fish
gallery_32558_306_14757.jpg

put on the GC's and AGX's today, and found out where my "little" oil leak was comming from- my oil pan gasket- so theres a new one of them goin on tommorrow. I'll post some pics of the new suspension tommorow when i get it on my computer.

Also ill prolly make a write up on the change of an oil pan gasket bc we dont have one, so pics to follow and a write up in the general tech section about changing the oil pan gasket.......... B)

my oil pan gasket leaks but its my oil pan so check that too man.

Welp i finally got some pics of my new suspension up, so here they are. I went with the KYB AGX's and GC coilovers, i like the ride and the adjustability on the AGX's, def. happy with the purchase welp enough of that on with the pics......

To start off id like to thank my good friends at napa for comming up with Anti-Seize so when i have to pull all of this shit off again for some ungodly reason, it wont be rusted together
gallery_32558_306_10620.jpg

the crusty old stock suspension.....
gallery_32558_306_101657.jpg

everything comming out...
gallery_32558_306_124789.jpg

random parts laying all over my garage(sorry for the piss poor quality of this pic, i dunno what happened, i must moved when i took it) Also notice the new radius rod about to go on because the crank pully pretty much ate threw the one on my car because of the weak sauce stock struts
gallery_32558_306_73823.jpg

All together in the rear
gallery_32558_306_7307.jpg

and the front
gallery_32558_306_152394.jpg

welp thats it for now, hopefully i can find me some rear disk breaks out of a DA i can toss on soon, lemme know what ya think B)

Back