My continuing EF project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by spectacle@May 30 2005, 08:10 PM
killer find on the LS mesh's
[post=505407]Quoted post[/post]​

hell yeah, i was just about to give up and buy new tires for the steelies (i have belts showing on 2 and the back ones are as bald as they will get before the belts start comming through) and i came upon this, thank god i went out for a drive :leet:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@May 30 2005, 06:14 PM
dont they make some sort of skid plate for that exact problem?? maybe its just for teh eg's...
[post=505380]Quoted post[/post]​

they make it for the oem 4-1 itr header but i dont see any reason you couldnt have it welded. i may do this with just a piece of bent steel.

well i got them on today, but my digi cam's batteries went dead, and they take a while to charge so all i got is this cell phone pic. But good pics will hopefully soon follow...

CellPicnewwheels.jpg

i gotcha, and i went back and got the brake booster off of that prelude i got the master cylynder. I also went and put it on an EF in the yard and everythign works, you just have to modify the one brake line a tad bit. But other than that everthing else seemed to work.. If anyone else has ever done this let me know.....

Well i promised some better pics so here they are.....

LSwheelsoncar.jpg

and yes im skyjacked, i need to re lower it

CarGarage.jpg

a little off roading at my house :ph34r:
OffRoading.jpg

and whats this......
Turbo.jpg

an airesearch .48/.42 T3 that i picked up, too small for my b16, but hopefully once i finish cleaning and pick up a new compressor seal i can sell it and put the dough towards one thats a lil bigger B)

oh and the turbo is in really good shape, no shaft play, no cracks around the wg flapper, spins freely, so if anyone is doin a Dseries turbo build and is interested hit me up with an offer, if not its goin on egay soon

I always wanted an ef and yours is a prime example of one I would want. It sucks that their so fuckin hard to find in the illiterate capital of the world(kentucky). Anyways, good luck with what ever you plan on doing :thumbsup:

thanks mang.... next on the list is a brake upgrade, rear teg disks at least, maybe a teg 40/40 proportioning valve and the prelude mc and brake booster i got. But we'll see........

well i finally got around to my list ^ and finished my brake upgrades today...

I got a set of DA rear trailing arm's with all the brake assembly and ebrake cables for 75 and then went to autozone and replaced everything ( rotors, calipers, brake hoses, pads etc..) I also had an integra 4040 prop valve to throw in that i got for free and i traded my prelude 15/16 mc in for a brand new civic ex 15/16 at autozone(they dont know the difference lol) so i didnt have to bend any lines.

I didnt get to bleed the system yet so i havent driven on it but i should get to it tommorow and let you guys know how much of a difference this all made... well on to the pics

Old Stuff out...
oldstuffout.jpg

New stuff going in
uncomplete.jpg

New mc next to my old one
newmc.jpg

Prop valve
4040propvalve.jpg

rear stuff all assembled
Alldone.jpg

All in all this was a very time consuming project. Switching the ebrake cables was a pain in the ass and so was getting all the rusted shit off the used trailing arms from the junkyard. I had to take off the hubs and drill out the screws holding in the rotors . Other than that everthing is pretty straightforward but it will take a long damn time if you do it by yourself in a one car garage and only hand tools.

I cant wait to get out and test it tommorow!

Lemme know what ya think....

Nice work mang, wish i could do that to the rear of my crx, ive done enough work on the brake system as it is, and i really dont care that much about the rear, more work tommarrow on the brake system, new booster, very hard to press pedal down, already replaced once.
Things ive replaced: 15/16" ex MC from DTEC, booster, remanu calipers, brembo drilled/slotted fron rotors, pbr pads, rear wheel cyl, new lines (had to bend), rear pads for drums, and goodridge stainless lines.

Looks VERY nice.... makes me sad I just put in the Vehicles For Sale forum. :(

thanks guys.... i hope it was worth all the work. I guess ill find out soon enough.....

If not, it still looks a helluva lot sexier than those old nasty drums back there :p

well after getting all the little kinks out and taking it for a drive i have to say i felt more of a difference than i expected.

The larger MC made a difference all around.... it gave the pedal more feel/feeback than my smaller one had during hard and normal braking

The prop valve and the rear disk upgrade made a huge difference in normal braking conditions. My car no longer lurched forward when just slowing to a stoplight or following other cars around. It had much better balance all around while braking.

I give this upgrade my seal of approval :thumbsup:

If anyone is planning on doing this and has any questions shoot me a pm or email and ill be glad to help as there is some spots where its a real pain in the ass. I was going to make a writeup but to be honest i just didnt have the time as it is. So i check here almost daily and will be glad to help anyone out.

:werd: I had the same thing in mind with my suspension/brakes upgrade as well, and it took long enough with taking a few pics here and there, but damn I can only imagine how much more longer it would have taken me.

You were already there you should have redone the bushings too.
And get your alignment checked out.

Good job though.

Back