My corn fed Evo 8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would get 800-1000cc then for E85.

wow really that big??? wouldn"t that be a little overkill? 1000cc would cover a 500+ hp engine

E85 requires a lot more fuel. I'm running 1000cc injectors in my Evo. I was going to go 750's but that would have been too small. E85 is not like regular gasoline, you can't think of it the same way. You use a lot more fuel and tune for much leaner AFR's. I'm seeing an average loss of 4mpg right now.

ya the city of peoria had alot of E85 cars and they originally were supposed to run better milage but the city soon found out they got worse milage so they ditched the Idea I was tempted to try it with my honda because 34 minus 4 is still 30 lol but a power boost may be nice and to know im helping the environment haha

Helping the environment and potentially hurting the economy in the process. Well, if that shit ever gets big enough, or federally mandated. Everyone loves paying high fuel prices, wait until a hamburger is $25.

E85 is everywhere around here, mainly because a shitton of corn is grown here and a shitton of the refineries that make E85 are here too.

It's roughly the same prices within 5 cents as regular 87 octane.

Exactly, the cost of 87 octane but the benefits of 110 octane. Cheap race fuel. :)

its not going to drive up the prices of food farmers now cant make a living off just the old family farm any more because of hybrid crops yielding more product. And also hi tech equpment make it to easy thus pushing the price of grain down even farther. E85 is a great option and you can make alcohol out of many things besides corn. how about lawn clipings or alge or leaves or the corn stalk its self as they are starting to do now and as far as price goes here in indiana it is 207 for 87 and 165 for e85 huge diffrence makes it much worth it

o yea i helped a friend build a 15:1CR b20vtec and ran it on e85 and it made 17hp over 100 no lead race fuel with just switching fuel and a re tune of the AFR made 7hp more with some timing adujstment

with the ability to run boost safely, this gets me thinking.. what if some one had a teg type R and decided to boost the b18c5 and add some badass jectors + a good tune and flow E85 through that it? i think it would work, eh?

i know they arent the best for boost but with the Ethanol fuel, maybe its possible.. that is to run high boost on an engine that doesnt accept boost kindly

problem with the c5 is the compression is already very high, that's why they don't boost well. The e 85 won't really help with that i don't think. Thats why i sold mine for that exact reason i want to boost and it didn't

yea fuck it i think it would be better to stick with going gsr w/ type r head.. and maybe boost it later on

i think 600's are overkill for 330 whp. you can easily get away with 550s, and maybe even smaller.

I would try to go with 860 saturated from RC if you can

well yeah it's actualle 550 for like 334hp i just thought the 600 would help a bit more with the e85. but i thought that 800-1000 would be WAY overkill

with the ability to run boost safely, this gets me thinking.. what if some one had a teg type R and decided to boost the b18c5 and add some badass jectors + a good tune and flow E85 through that it? i think it would work, eh?

i know they arent the best for boost but with the Ethanol fuel, maybe its possible.. that is to run high boost on an engine that doesnt accept boost kindly

you could do it mucher safer with e85 than regular fuel e85 is almost imposibale to detonate and it will lower cylinder temps e85 and 11:1 whould work just fine

i think 600's are overkill for 330 whp. you can easily get away with 550s, and maybe even smaller.

I would try to go with 860 saturated from RC if you can
If you're talking about regular gasoline, sure. E85 is a whole other ball game.

I agree, find some 860's

Back