My Cousin Got Called To Active Duty

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you know if everyone was like that (I would not kill for my country. I would not go to war for my country)then you would have been building computers since you were 5yrs old insteed of typing on one

Originally posted by ZAC@Jan 20 2003, 12:18 AM
you know if everyone was like that (I would not kill for my country. I would not go to war for my country)then you would have been building computers since you were 5yrs old insteed of typing on one

oh shit!

seriously not to sound like a gung ho jarhead.. but too many people in my bloodline have died for this country. even thought it's going down the shitter right now and is being ran by an asshole, i love this country way to much as a whole and the people that ocupy it to not serve for it.....

do yourself a favor and check out the huge gaping hole in manhatten, and think of the couple thousand people that died there that day, some on their own will and more not... but still we are all ready the world bully and if we let down right now we are gonna get walked all over again... and if it can be prevented, expecially from a threat like saddam which we know will send us a warhead with only a question of time

I'm not ignorant and close minded, it just offends me when people speak out against the military that fights for our freedom, for the rights that we all take for granted....

Name some of these "rights" we have...Probable cause is the biggest bullshit in the world. I am not fighting/dying for some government that tries to order ther countries around. (In the mid 90's, Bill Clinton ASKED N. Korea to stop making plutonium for nuclear weapons, which they did...Bush found them using uranium a while ago, and TOLD them to stop making it....Not only are they continuing to make the uranium, they just opened the plutonium plant again.)

yeah it's obvious that we all take different standpoints on politics which is how it should be, but we all have opinions and lets leave it at that, you guys are all a chill group to talk to about cars, i just wanna leave it at that.. i don't need any bad blood over political debates...i agree with the fact that it's cool for us to all disagree .

http://www.ucc.org/justice/witness/wfj093002.htm

i agree completely with this article

im kinda a war nut... but mostly movies (I know).... i studied histroy for a year in college... so i kinda got into wwII a lot deeper than most people did. i had 3 different semesters on it- propaganda, war in atlantic, and war in pacific. then there was a 4th course which i never took which tied it all together. by then, i had changed majors to computer nerd.

if you haven't seen it, rent/buy/download band of brothers. its like the real thing as far as my knowledge of the war and how its portrayed. i don't know this is kinda off topic. but i guess my point is that, I would never have the balls to do it. i'd probably be the first one shot cuz i'm a fat ass skared shitless target =)

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jan 20 2003, 06:35 AM
I'm not ignorant and close minded, it just offends me when people speak out against the military that fights for our freedom, for the rights that we all take for granted....

...Name some of these "rights" we have...Probable cause is the biggest bullshit in the world. I am not fighting/dying for some government that tries to order ther countries around...

Come on now,the rights and freedoms your saying "what rights" to,your enjoying right now.You can believe and say what you want,work where you want,move where you want,get on the computer and slam the government anytime you want,the list doesn't end there.Probable cause is bullshit,it gets abused by the cops and government just like crack get abused by crack heads.And there are tons of unjust laws we have to deal with everyday,but unfortunately they are part of the system that allows you to do the things you do.Things CAN be changed,but it doesn't happen overnight and it isn't going to happen when you sit around and complain instead of going out and doing it.

I'll use Germany as an example.You can not display a swastika,not that you'd want to but you can in the states,in Germany jail time buddy.They've got great medical everyone is intitled to free medical assistance and it only cost everyone in the country 16% on top of the over inflated prices they already pay,sounds great huh.Lets talk about cars.They've got Type R's and can drive then a 150mph if they want,but have you heard of TUV it is there version of DOT.You think getting your car smog reffed in the states is bad,holyshit,here they have to go every time they add something that isn't OEM to their car,shiftknob steering wheel,tires,rims,tint,motor swap,and it cost everytime,prices vary but it isn't cheap.And it is charged for each item.

Yes there are third world places that you can cruise thriough town at 150mph hitting people and no one will look at you funny,but it also applies when someone wants your wristwatch and cuts your arm off to get it.

In my younger days I was a screw this hypocisy kind of whippersnapper,and truthfully I still look at the states for what it could be and get blind with rage at the greedy politicians that fuck it up for their benefit.And the power tripping cock sucking pigs who fuck with anyone having a better time than they do.But it is still the best place on earth as far as how it works as a whole and I will gladly continue to fight for it and like I said above the kids burning flags and the redneck kicking his ass.

Hey B that article is really good,and let me assure you that there are very few people in the military that are itching for war.Not just this one,but any.It isn't fun or glorious to go days in a firefight with your buddies dying around you,being hungry and miserable,hundreds of miles from home away from family and friends,it sucks.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 20 2003, 12:21 AM
Come on now,the rights and freedoms your saying "what rights" to,your enjoying right now.You can believe and say what you want,work where you want,move where you want,get on the computer and slam the government anytime you want,the list doesn't end there.Probable cause is bullshit,it gets abused by the cops and government just like crack get abused by crack heads.And there are tons of unjust laws we have to deal with everyday,but unfortunately they are part of the system that allows you to do the things you do.Things CAN be changed,but it doesn't happen overnight and it isn't going to happen when you sit around and complain instead of going out and doing it.

I'll use Germany as an example.You can not display a swastika,not that you'd want to but you can in the states,in Germany jail time buddy.

On the same token you can be jailed here for defacing our flag. It is not strictly enforced but it can happen. Freedom of expression my ass. You can be arrested and interrogated for expressing a desire to see the President dead. These are but a small set from Thought Police. Under the Patroit Act if you are suspected of cooperating with "terrorists" you can be held indefinately without charges being brought against you. That doesn't sound like Right to a Speedy Trial to me.

You are correct about things not changing if all we do is sit and bitch. If you feel as strongly about these issues (beyond the trendy bitch sessions) as I think most of you do, speak out. You have several mediums of expression that the Governement has yet to close down. Write your Represntatives. Write the President. Write letters to the Editor of your local (or even a national) paper. Attend any one of the many peace rallys that are being held accross the Nation if you are so inclined. There are many ways to help bring about change, but none of these are as important as your biggest right of all. VOTE. It is not just your right, but your responsiblility as a citizen. Know all the issues on the ballot and vote for what you think is right.

It is not just my country, I won't kill period. I cannot, in good conscience, take another human life. You sound exactly like a pair of guys I met while working at a Hobby shop in Longmont. They told me that by driving a Japanese car I was support their economic take over of the US. They were just as blind to other points of veiw as you sound right now. They also never finished High School and one of them was convicted of selling coke to his 16 year old girl friend (he was 30 something), watching her OD, then after she lost consciousness driving by the front door of the Emergency Room and pushing her out of his truck without stopping. So maybe you should stop and think before coming down on someone for their own morals and beliefs unless you like sounding like this kind of person.

I am not fighting/dying for some government that tries to order ther countries around.

Nor would I fight for a few politicians oil wealth. No Blood For Oil.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 20 2003, 05:23 PM

On the same token you can be jailed here for defacing our flag. It is not strictly enforced but it can happen. Freedom of expression my ass. You can be arrested and interrogated for expressing a desire to see the President dead. These are but a small set from Thought Police. Under the Patroit Act if you are suspected of cooperating with "terrorists" you can be held indefinately without charges being brought against you. That doesn't sound like Right to a Speedy Trial to me.

You are correct about things not changing if all we do is sit and bitch. If you feel as strongly about these issues (beyond the trendy bitch sessions) as I think most of you do, speak out. You have several mediums of expression that the Governement has yet to close down. Write your Represntatives. Write the President. Write letters to the Editor of your local (or even a national) paper. Attend any one of the many peace rallys

Excellent,excellent point,and one of the many things that totally made me rethink my commitment to the service when it went into effect,which I decided to stay in for a while anyway.I completely agree that things are being taken way too far against U.S. citizens in the present situation,and I will never concide that terrorist being present and hiding in America is a reason to do these things,and if it continues to snowball I may never go back to the states.As far as publicizing my opinions,there are stacks of letters from me sitting on many desk,late 80's early 90's was a busy,busy time for me and my views.But as I said before there are way too many good things here still,to claim that it sucks.I have friends from Israel,Beruit and a few other of earths swankiest resort spots and trust me thought police or not the U.S. has those places beat by light years.

I agree, that is why I am still here. There is nothing wrong with the US can't be fixed. It is just going to take a lot of time and a lot of effort, but our Constitution setup a government worth using because the ability to adapt was built in. As long as we can get those people that make too much money or have too much power because of the current system out.

As for the "Patriot" Act, Benjamin Franklin said it best "He who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserves neither."

"It is not just my country, I won't kill period. I cannot, in good conscience, take another human life."

Does this mean if someone was killing a person in your family you could not kill them?

Originally posted by ZAC@Jan 20 2003, 01:12 PM
"It is not just my country, I won't kill period. I cannot, in good conscience, take another human life."

Does this mean if someone was killing a person in your family you could not kill them?

That's what I said. There are always non-lethal solutions. I have been over this on this board with several people (don't think that you are the first person to ask me that question) if you want the long drawn out opinion do a search.

Originally posted by lsvtec+Jan 20 2003, 06:57 PM-->
@Jan 20 2003, 01:12 PM

That's what I said. There are always non-lethal solutions. I have been over this on this board with several people (don't think that you are the first person to ask me that question) if you want the long drawn out opinion do a search.

I think those threads might have been lost in the upgrade.. :( Damn they were good tho LSVTEC.

<Dude>That's a bummer man</Dude>
I don't really want to rehash them all at the moment. I have homework and stuff to do for tomorrow.

Anyone that doubts or badmouths the extents of the rights that we have in this country should be forced to live in a Middle Eastern country for a little while.

Originally posted by ZAC@Jan 21 2003, 12:21 AM
I was gonna say they can go to Iraq and become a camel jocky

/me wants to ride a camel

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 20 2003, 10:12 PM
Anyone that doubts or badmouths the extents of the rights that we have in this country should be forced to live in a Middle Eastern country for a little while.

Bullshit. If you aren't willing to stand up and defend the rights you have and the rights that are being taken away from you at this very minute then you are the one that deserves no rights. Obviously you haven't read the Patriot Act. I am sure that if you read it and understood what it means for your "freedom" you would think differently. There is a story of a Christian minister in Nazi Germany, talking about how the SS collected different groups of people and he never said anything against it. And when the SS finally came for him, there was no one left to speak out against it. Is this what you want? To sit back and let Bush and his puppet masters remove your Constitutional rights one by one without speaking up until you no longer have the right to speak up? Then I say you are the one that needs a taste of reality. I'll quote it again, Benjamin Franklin (a much more intellient and a much wiser man than you, me, ZAC, and anyone else on this board) said "He who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserves neither." Chris, your father was wrong when he said it doesn't apply anymore. It applies just as much now as it did against the British Crown. We have the same situation, an oppressive government taking away the rights that every human being should have. So what if that Government was British and is now American? How are the situations different?

Just because the American Government says it is so, does not mean that it is. Please try and look past the propaganda for a change.

Instead of looking at our situation as it could be worse, try and see it as it could be better and this is how.

Back