My CPU is FUCKED!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aahhh much like a turbo system eh? okay thanks for the advices, tips, and helps..

No problem. Just make sure you put the intake fans toward the bottom front, and locate the exhaust fans on the upper portion of the back panel.

what about Antec?? I bought 2 for 9 dollars plus shipping.. good deal?

I suppose- I always look for bearing type, power consumption, and air flow ratings. Antec's products haven't let me down so far, so the fans you bought are probably ok. Just make sure that you get good balanced airflow in and out of the case.

how does :

Volumetric Airflow 34 CFM
Fan Speed 2,600 rpm
Acoustic Noise 30 dBA

sound? its not ball bearing.. man this shit is starting to sound more and more like cars.. ball bearing, water cooled, intake, exhaust, what next? case with carbon fibre wings and inlets?? haha = ) oh yeah thats a lot of the help and advice Calesta.

You'll be fine- just use at least one on intake and the same number on exhaust.

shit man okay, i have another problem.. i installed a new psu and two 80mm case fans.. it was working great for about 2 weeks.. didnt overheat, pretty quiet, and most of, turning off and on.. however, the past 2 days, ive been hearing some weird ass noises from it.. i open up the case and took a looksey.. holy cow 2 of my fan blades from my fan broke.. i think its called a heatsink, the 60mm one that sits on top of the metal box thingy with fins.. anyway, my friend replaced it forme but he says that wasnt the problem.. its ANOTHER fan.. the little one right under it.. whats that called? and how much is it to replace it?? im getting tired of this crap..

I've never seen a fan UNDER the heatsink before...kinda impossible...the heatsink (block of metal aluminum/or copper--copper ownz) is in direct contact with the CPU...then you have a fan (usually 60mm) on top of the heatsink which cools down the metal block which is absorbing the heat from the CPU...

Pics may help...

There's always watercooling... :D

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Oct 15 2003, 12:53 AM
shit man okay, i have another problem.. i installed a new psu and two 80mm case fans.. it was working great for about 2 weeks.. didnt overheat, pretty quiet, and most of, turning off and on.. however, the past 2 days, ive been hearing some weird ass noises from it.. i open up the case and took a looksey.. holy cow 2 of my fan blades from my fan broke.. i think its called a heatsink, the 60mm one that sits on top of the metal box thingy with fins.. anyway, my friend replaced it forme but he says that wasnt the problem.. its ANOTHER fan.. the little one right under it.. whats that called? and how much is it to replace it?? im getting tired of this crap..

I've had the fan from my chipset break and it started making that noise.
Which fan are your talking about? Is it the Heatsink Fan? or is it the small 1"x1" chipset fan? If it is the small fan then it's the chipset and it might be harder to replace than a regular fan because of the size factor. It shouldn't be expensive but finding these fans is a little harder as not many ppl change them out.

Here is a picture for you to see what I'm talking about:
s3f8d577030d54.jpg

YEAH THAT ONE~!! i shouldve said below not under.. oh well.. he got it.. where can i get one? are they all the same size? how much will it cost and how hard is it to repair it?? thanks

how hard is it to replace it? and is it impairative to fix it asap? or i can just sorta put it off? for like 2-3days? will it mess up my computer if i dont fix it like right away and use my computer??

FUCKING KICK ASS~! i found a site and they gave me a number to call.. I have an ASUS A7V266 motherboard and i guess the northbridge chipset fan brakes often because they send you a new one for free.. hopefully its a better quality so i dont have to keep calling them for one.. oh yeah, and umm.. how do replace it??? the fan looks the picture above, with two screws and two weird looking thingys.. my friend said he doesnt kno how to do it.. does anyone else? btw, the number is 510-739-3777 Option #3 for those who might have the same problem..

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Oct 16 2003, 12:55 PM
FUCKING KICK ASS~! i found a site and they gave me a number to call.. I have an ASUS A7V266 motherboard and i guess the northbridge chipset fan brakes often because they send you a new one for free.. hopefully its a better quality so i dont have to keep calling them for one.. oh yeah, and umm.. how do replace it??? the fan looks the picture above, with two screws and two weird looking thingys.. my friend said he doesnt kno how to do it.. does anyone else? btw, the number is 510-739-3777 Option #3 for those who might have the same problem..

I had the same motherboard. Great board except for that little problem. If i remember correctly the snap-in screws of the old fan have to be removed from under the motherboard. If you can't remove your mobo, use pliers to pull them out from the top. The new fan should snap in when you press down.
OR
you could simply unscrew the old fan but leave the base connected to the chipset and then screw in the new fan

just wanted to say thanks for the responses/suggestions/tips guys, especially La Pieuvre for the picture and stuff and Calesta for helping me...

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Oct 16 2003, 01:03 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the responses/suggestions/tips guys, especially La Pieuvre for the picture and stuff and Calesta for helping me...

hey, no prob man. :)
I'm glad to help you out.

I know how annoying computers get

damn it my computer is spazing out again.. i have terrible luck with this crap.. anyway, i still haven't gotten the chipset fan yet but its coming.. however, ive been using my cpu because people tell its okay and just the other day it suddenly froze.. completey.. i waited for like 5 mins and it unfroze again, but then suddenly the screen starts to turn on and off about 2 in 5 min intervals.. then it just dies completey.. WTF IS IT??? is a virus??? is there good free virus scan software like norton or macfees?? please reply asap.

take a baseball shit and smash the shit out of it....LOL j/k but yeah u MAY have a virus?? i dunno man because i aint good with computers either..lol

Back