my CRX restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

for the past 6 months while i have been at school, living on a poor college kids budget i have been restoring a 89 CRX HF that i got in NJ back in december for $600. it had 113k on it with NO interrior at all no dash roof liner or nething... i metal worked everything on this up to 1/8th of an inch of straightness... meaning there is no puddy on the car thicker than 1/8th of an inch. ...heres the pics of the stages it went though...
how it looked when i got it
2274304810068744187iUGfXp_ph.jpg

some rust repair...
2543632440068744187uDXiOu_ph.jpg

rust1.jpg

totaled the crx when i went under a 4x4 but had about $20 in the bank account at the time.. had no choice but to fix it.... had to press out the A piller new front end, straighten front frame (was pushed the the right 7mm not much at all really)
2242182390068744187SfNCpW_ph.jpg

a long while later of alot of metal working it was time for primer...
2675291550068744187tbzEfx_ph.jpg

base coat....
2966131470068744187dmlNyq_ph.jpg

final outcome....
P1010545.jpg

god i hate black on crx. but man you did one hell of a job. now come to tally and do mine!! lol. JK that cars looks so good i wouldnt even want to put a big swap in it. prolly just b16. or just a z6 motor. great looking daily driver.

I like the red pinstriping too. You do it or have someone else do it?

hot damn! when you wreck something, that just gives you an excuse to repair/upgrade/and restore. good job...

Very kool I gotta do alot of that on my rusted CRX, nothing like bringing them things back to life!

nice brakes.
are they stock and painted, or what company did you go with?
mad props on the resto
-Andrew

Nice. I got the same thing; white '89 hf. Rust sucks. It's in primer now ready for paint. Thanks for the inspiration.

god man.. beautiful work... muy lindo quedo tu maquina.. el mio esta tambien en chaperia y pintura ahora.. despues voy a alzar unas fotos del mio;...

muy lindo quedo tu maquina.. el mio esta tambien en chaperia y pintura ahora.. despues voy a alzar unas fotos del mio;...

Watch your language. Here on this site we don't take too kindly to potty-mouths...

Back