my ctr is dying.... time fora new monitor..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
welp, time to lose this 17" ctr from 98... the right side is shaking. lol

any suggestions? I have a samsung LCD at work, and i hate it. it might be the shitty graphics card though...

lol- ctr. i meant crt.

tigervista-trio-17n_700w.jpg

Trust me, you'll never go back to one screen unless you're forced to :)

Anyway, check this out. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824116366 Viewsonic 19 inch, 12ms response time, not bad for the price either.

I'm using a 19" Dell LCD at work. It's AWESOME.

I also just got a ViewSonic VX924 LCD for my house. This thing is off the hook. They're decently priced right now (about $360 on newegg regularly, with specials bringing it even lower), and they definitely rock. My one-year-old video card is having trouble keeping up with it. :laugh:

yeah my monitor is at least 5 years old, but its still kicking.
been thinking about buying a new one, but i dont wanna go to a smaller size and 21" lcd's are way too much :p

my room mate just got a 36" sharp lcd for his monitor, its nice but way to big and hurts your eyes after awhile
10069DSC00256.jpg

yeah, thats freakin annoying. i ran my system through my 42" plasma when i had it... for like 5 min before i was seeing cirlces. lol

I'm about about to buy the Samsun 710N. A few friends have it, and I'd settle for nothing less in the world of analog 17".

lol. yea he never leaves his room except for work, which is cool, then i can sit in the living room with my laptop and watch tv on the 46" plasma.
he bought the 36" lcd cause he has the dish hooked up to his computer and wanted something thaT he could use for the computer and for tv.
he bought a 19 sony but it was too smallfor his room, so we took that back and went looking at 27" lcds and they were sold out of the 27" lcds so they sold him the 36" for the price of the 27"

Quoted post[/post]]
my lcd at work is the samsung syncmaster 173s, and it sucks ass.
Yeah, that's an older model, and anything under 500:1 contrast isn't that great and gives a bad impression of what good LCD's can be like. Those are known for ghosting like whoa and have a little bit of leakage.

The newer Samsungs and the Dell's are supposedly the best bang for the buck in the monitor world, excluding Xerox' and Sony's over priced units, or atleast I'm horrible at researching a good product.

My home computer and moniter are like 7 years old. Everything is broken and the moniter is a real piece of junk. I just haven't needed a better system, I will when I finally go to school, but for now my POS e machines and old crappy dell moniter are going to be fine.

yeah, i wouldn't be looking to upgrade, but the right hand side of mine is starting to get torrets :p

Back