my ctr is dying.... time fora new monitor..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DVI is where it's at...now I just need a video card with DVI out :cry:

Do you play video games or watch movies on your computer, B?

i have an 8x agp with dvi, s-video and rgb output, so connections aren't the problem. i can pretty much get whatever...

i'm not a gamer.

i rarely watch movies on the machine... mostly net vids.. never dvds. i have a home theatre for that (sans the tv... but thats coming...)

but i DO play with graphics a lot, so color tone is important to me.

*cough* youre on a CRT. CRTs are better than LCDs at EVERYTHING. hell my video card only goes to 1280*1024.

but fine, im still gonna rep my boys with sceptre and viewsonic

Sceptre

ViewSonic

BTW, the sceptre one is better. Better (meaning brighter) back light and better colors. both are MVA (or IPS...cant remember which)...really great picture on both.

After reading reviews i guess my customers got lucky, i have never had one flake out on me, but apparently it is a problem. I have 2 people with the sceptre and 1 with the viewsonic (mom). Both are good, apparently the sceptre does have reliability problems.

after the shit i went through with my plasma, do you honestly think i will own another dell product?

NOPE!

We're using only Dell LCD's here at work, zero problems. The only problem we ever had was with buying a refurb'ed LCD that didn't work.

If I didn't just buy my ViewSonic, I'd be all over that monitor.

Dell should stick to what they made their name with. Their monitors are nice.

So what'd ya end up going with? I'm interested as I still haven't splurggedd on one yet.

Back