my cuz 00 ex clip sounds like heilocopter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boxinggsxr

hey this happen to his 00 civic ex what can you guys tell us? is it a spun rod by the way it sounds? how hard is it to fix and is it pricey?

YouTube - DSCF0788

most lilely a spun bearing of some sort.

i wouldn't even bother fixing it. just get a new(used) block... it will probably cost less.

YES FINALLY ya every1 says is a spun rod so thats what i thought and instead of buying a whole junkyardd d16y8 for 650 + his motor i was thinkn y cant we just swap blocks

so we were thinkn either swap b18 or whatever or try and fix this depending on what itd cost. Would swaping the block be ok?

what does it mean the cyclinder will need to be honed? i found one for sale fo 20 bucks but thats all it needs the guy said something about a spun bearing im guessing thats the same that happen to my primos

honing is 'roughing' up the cyl walls with a hone tool so that the pistons re-set. it's costly machine shop work.

seriously, you can find a y8 short block for like 100 bucks just about everywhere. you'll spend more than that on new rings, bearings, and machine shop work.

check the classifieds here and or your local craigslist.

ok sounds good thanks and just throwing this out there a block sleeve wont work right i have to get a new block? i would most likey need new rods and bearings right?

Is it just me or did it look like the head was loose from the engine?

just replace the damn bearings!.. unless your a pussy who can't take the oil pan and head off an engine.. oem honda bearings are 3-4 bucks apiece and you would only need 2(for 1 rod).. your cylinder walls should be fine.

just replace the damn bearings!.. unless your a pussy who can't take the oil pan and head off an engine.. oem honda bearings are 3-4 bucks apiece and you would only need 2(for 1 rod).. your cylinder walls should be fine.

i can do it but i heard if i replace the bearing it'll only work for like 10-100 miles then fuk up worse

if some1 gives me step by step how to replace them i'll do it ttoday and post new video about it

you are a dumbass..most spun bearings fuckup the crank,he will therefor need a new crank.
they can also damage rods..therefor he will need new rods,,
you cant just replace 1-2 bearings..you have to replace them all..

and most likely the cyclinder walls probly got jacked right or do i ust need to get new rods crank and bearings. What all do i got to do to get in there its been a while since i workd on the motor (im a gsxr guy but i love my honda)

You my friend are a prick! Don't come on peoples help/question threads and call them pussys and I think you need to re check your info. Nobody likes to see a tuff guy on the Internet. So take you and your Internet ego and get off this forum. PS your lucky I didn't negative rep you because I'm on my iPod.

adding another q to thread
i had read something about putting other kind of pistons/rods in y8 when switching the block but they werent name brand or nothing they were stock but from diff motor and they were supposed to help out wit power or something any1 heard of this

my 2 cent....

i have spun a few single motors and i have nevers heard that sound..
a spun bearing wont turn turnt off the car like that...
that sounds like the time belt is not on point and valves are hitting the pistons....

always start by the most simple things////
check time belt..
take tha valve cover off
check that valve springs

adding another q to thread
i had read something about putting other kind of pistons/rods in y8 when switching the block but they werent name brand or nothing they were stock but from diff motor and they were supposed to help out wit power or something any1 heard of this

probably talking about the vitara piston deal

https://hondaswap.com/forced-induction/vitara-d16-73748/

Let me rephrase that... If you think it's bearings still you should take it apart and check it out. My b16 spun 2 rods and the crank was perfect. Shop checked and passed it. So you might be ok with replacing bearings.

Back