My DA progress Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92tegGP

The Slut
Ok well I figured since I never did one of these things Id do one now as I near the end of my build

What I started off with was a 1992 Acura Integra RS Stock B18 with 147k on the Motor. Front end Damage but ran like a champ. Lowered on Cut Springs with stock struts, Had a cat delete and had flat black 15†Rota Slipstreams (Beat and shitty painted) And an Alpine Cd player. I bought it for $1600
teg1.jpg

The first thing I did after I got home was put new hood/fenders on. Then I decided to check out the tires since the car saw so low the outside of them looked almost brand new but what I didn’t see was the camber wear.
So I got online ordered new suspension and tires. I got… Tokico HP struts, Tein S. Tech Springs, Revo Front camber Kit, and a blox rear camber kit. That made the car have a lot more solid ride and it took care of my camber wear. I picked up a set of 205-50-15 Falken 912 tires. Cheap tires at about $55 each but yet they are real nice. I blasted the wheels and repainted them bronze so things were starting to shape up quickly.
3.jpg

The next thing that I wanted to touch was the exhaust…I was kind of against being like everyone else and buying a pre-made exhaust, I wanted to be creative and have my own sound. Nothing to loud just something to let people know whats up. I did some research and put together what I thought would be a nice setup… Polished 2 3/8†DNX midpipes with a cat delete then from the axle back I had the muffler shop make me the bends I needed with some 2 1/2†piping and I went with a Borla XR-1 muffler. People say Borla on a Honda? I didn’t use any clamps all welded to assure no leaks. But wow it’s the exact sound I wanted and its original and looks great to. Oh and it only cost me about 325$ vs $500 for a premade kit.
While I had the exhaust off I went ahead and through in a B&M short throw shifter.
I put a cold air intake on and that was it before I decided it was motor building time…
Now the car is in the garage where its been for a few months now and I redid all the body work and am getting ready to spray it this weekend. I cleaned up everything on the car and am trying to make it look brand new again.
05-15-08_20352.jpg

The motor now is ungodly tasty… It’s almost done just hanging out on an engine stand but this is what it consists of as it sits right now…
B18A1 bottom end bored to 81.5mm
Wiseco 9.5:1 Pistons
Eagle H Beam Rods
Polished Crank
ACL Bearings
ARP Rod Bolts
DIY Block Filler
ITR Head (hot tanked and fresh as hell)
JDM ITR cams
Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
ACL Complete Gasket Kit
Fidanza Flywheel
DC Sports 1 Piece Headers
LS Vtec Kit
Cold Fusion Dry Nitrous Kit (Going to run 150 shot)
Power Steering and AC Delete
05-16-08_18281.jpg

I will keep you posted as I finish up and I’ll for sure get some more pics but this was just to get it going for now… and I’m bored at work so that always helps

not bad at all. but why would you delete the ac? you dont like being nice and cool in the car?

Sweet man i would love to build up my engine some more but i dont have the money..... :(. I like what you have done with it, DA tegs are the shit.

not bad at all. but why would you delete the ac? you dont like being nice and cool in the car?

thanks guys yeah its taking a while but i think ill have it on the road here in about another month or so so we will see what she will do.

and lol no i dont need ac... i live in ohio so its never to warm out and plus i like having the windows down better

build look great. my car handled a 150 shot on the last build decently. previous owner loved nitrous. now the motor is fully built. how in the hell did you get the block so clean. im jealous. and invest in a block gaurd and weld it in.

I think it's about $3.50/ can for spray paint. :D

Maybe it's the camera you used but it looks like you rattle canned it, get some better pics so we can get a better idea of what it looks like.

I think it's about $3.50/ can for spray paint. :D

Maybe it's the camera you used but it looks like you rattle canned it, get some better pics so we can get a better idea of what it looks like.

no it was about 37$ for a quart of primer and a gallon of reducer actually
and the camera was my phone

good, it must be you're phone then, unless above the rear wheel is overspray. I know there's sunlight hitting it but it still looks like overspray.

Back