My day sucked, Period.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
My group had a layoff today, which was completely unexpected. In all, 4 people were let go, including two of my best friends in my office ( I was spared). I'm really upset over this and its just amazing at how inhumane corporations really can be. their theory of the people being affected was based on a mathematical equation which resulted in a rating. The higher the rating out of the group - the more you are subsceptable to termination. Competencies x years of service x salary = golden handshake. So now, they have 60 days to find another job within my company to continue employment (april 10) or start their severence package at 1 week for every year of service.

Fucking weeksauce and fuck the man, over the past month I have been striving to work for myself and have about 10% more to finish on my business plan and then seeing if it'll suceed or not.

Then to top it off, my father calls me and tells me my stepmothers lung cancer had come back in full force (after a 3 month remission) and has also carried over to her brain...

What a fucking day.

"the man" sucks. 60 days notice is 'nice' though. usually you get canned, and get a box at the same time to pack your desk. so at least they have some time to find something else...

as for s. moms, :( sorry to hear that. she looked like she was doing good at the wedding too :(

Sorry to hear about the step mom...I wish her the best.:(

As for your buddies, sorry to hear that they got the can.:(

As for big corporations, I wish they would filter out the ones that don't work, or works poorly...where I work...due to the union...the slackers keeps the jobs because they were hired before me, and I get the can because of rank and file. :mad: IF the supervisors sees that an employee works good, does everything needed and more, and could keep them and lose the trashy low life's that just shows up...then my company would be better off. During the strike a year ago...it became self-evident that the low life's thought that no-body else could do their job...well...they were proved wrong...anyone coming out from an aviation school had more knowledge of their jobs than the people striking....and now those jobs are being outsourced to right to work states....huge loss a year later. Damn unions.:mad:

Sorry about your stepmom, cancer is a terrible thing.

About the job, well companies are inhumane. Keep doing what an excellent job and continuing to further your progress and better your abilities and there will always be a job available for you in the workplace. Be sure not to stagnate and you'll be fine.

sorry ot hear about your losses

at least they give them a chance to find someone else to work in the company..

dude... that blows. sorry to hear on all accounts... i know a few people that have gotten canned with 2 months notice... it sucks, but at least they didn't go 'take your stuff... bye'

Sorry to hear about your step mother, cancer just sucks.

Where my mom works they are horrible with layoffs. She was telling me some people have volunteered to be laid off say if they were older or want a career change etc, those people never get laid off and its always someone with like 4 kids who is a single parent getting laid off.

Best wishes for your Smom, that really sucks.

I couldnt help but think about the bobs while reading your work story.

Sorry to hear Steve... "that company" is brutal. I know somebody who works in the building i'm usually working at. He worked there FOREVER, and actually developed cancer from the working conditions there.. "that company" basically said "yeah that sucks, but if you dont get out of the hospital and back to work soon, your insurance will be cancelled".

Back