My Del Sol is even faster now!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Well, I was fighting the local redneck herd at Wal-Mart today when the brakes almost completely went out...they have no pressure while I am driving--after I turn off the car, and put it in 1st and put the e-brake up, it feels fine, there is pressure...I need to pump it like 3-4 times to get it to slow down all the way while driving.

I checked the Master Cylinder and the brake fluid...the line coming from it are fine, and I see no problems with the brake pipes/cylinder.

So now I am stuck driving the 350Z (which isn't a bad thing, but I don't want to go to college with it--too many fucking morons) until I can put it in the garage...any suggestions on what is wrong with it?

It sounds like the seals in the Master cylinder are bad. You wouldn't lose any fluid because of these seals (at least I didn't I just lost all pedal pressure and had to use the ebrake to stop). If you are sure you have no leaks and all of your calipers are in working order then I would bet your master cylinder is dead.

I third that, I've had the same exact problem, and that's what it was. Go buy a new one,install, and bleed the system, and you'll be good to go. I'd go with an aftermarket one from Baer or something, a good brake sys. upgrade.

Fuck the del slow and just drive the 350z around. I want a 350z so damn bad.

Its probably your m/c

the brakes may just need bled but i doubt that is the problem. prob the master cylinder

Woo woo!

Changed the master cylinder--2 hours later, the Z is back in the garage, the sol is back on the road. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Dec 3 2003, 01:25 AM
Woo woo!

Changed the master cylinder--2 hours later, the Z is back in the garage, the sol is back on the road. Thanks guys.

You are a freaking tard. Drive the 350z around, instead of some 10 year old del slow.

Back