My del sol needs help.. will you answer a few Questions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Overby

ok the basics:
i just bought a '93 del slow, its got a 1.6 8valve motor with an automatic and NON VTEC - hum.

Anyways i am doing a swap to a 5speed soon, and i figured why not do a motor swap why i am at it... Well i found a good deal on a d series turbo kit, complete for only $400. And if its a d16y8 he says he has a tapped oilpan for me too.

Well either way i was thinking of doing a mini-me swap to a d16y8, but i have a few Q's:

1) what parts do i all need to do that swap?
2) is it bad to turbo a vtec?
3) is there major wiring involved? the manual gauge cluster has the gear you are in on the cluster, do i need to swap dash wirng harnesses too?
4) do vtec models have a vtec light on the guage cluster? if so, can i incorperate that into this easily? seeing i will be changing the gauge cluster anyways, due to the 5spd swap.

Now with the swap of changing to a 5 speed, i think i know all the basics, but i was wondering if there are any tricks/tips that any of you know..

1) Other than the following, are there any parts i will need?..
-pedal assembly
-slave
-piping
-transmission
-clutch
-flywheel
-manual ecu
-shift linkage
-shifter
-manual guage cluster
2) any suggestins on the easiest way to do this? or any general help at all? i am mechanically inclined, but i have never done this before, so any help would be much appreciated.

Again, thank you for any help you can give me

for the mini me swap you will need the head, ecu, intak mani. Youll need to add the vtec wires. vtec and turbo work well.

ok, thanks, do you know any articles for adding the vtec wires? is it easier to just get a vtec motor engine harness? or is it basically simple to add these wires?

oh and i need the distributer for the head too, dont i?

dude buy your self a salvage (totaled) or theft recovery civic thats 5 speed doesnt mater if it has a motor or not just a tranny would be good then take everything from that it's the easiest and cheapest way to go

ok, didnt really think of that, thanks, i will probably end up doing that for my 5speed swap, but anyone know if i need the distributer for the minime swap?

Back