my dream car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd rock the oldest skyline available. As long as its cheap. Hell if I got laughed at, at least I could say I had a skyline. There is some people with rb25det 240SXs. Most can run 9s pretty simple.

Originally posted by zombie@Aug 8 2003, 01:47 PM
I'd rock the oldest skyline available. As long as its cheap. Hell if I got laughed at, at least I could say I had a skyline. There is some people with rb25det 240SXs. Most can run 9s pretty simple.

Woo! Toga party!

Everyone runs 9's! It's EASY according to this guy! w0000t!

:fr:

Nice ride very very fucking nice, we always get the shit end of the stick here in the states...as far as auto's

Milan

yea im with milan on that one =\ the US never gets any of the good cars

i dont think thats true, the US is fucking itself by having all sorts of emmision/safety standards thats different from the rest of the world. One of the reasons is because the domestic car companies lobby for those things so it'll make it more expensive for imported cars companies, hence boosting their sales.

example: the new STi, the US got the best subaru EVER. ONLY in the US are they making it 300hps and 300lb/ft of torque. I don't remember the displacement (2.5 i think??) but rest of the world, including Japan only gets 2.2.

Japanese people are not stingy with their good cars. All over Europe and Australia and countries in Asia that allow RHD cars all have Skyline's, hell even people in Iraq therea are Skylines. It's because of the US standards that it'll be costly for Nissan to import the R34's and everything before, having to change emission and safety equipments. Motorex buys an used Skyline BNR34 in Japan for wayy below 20,000 and sell it for 80k+.

4wd and rwd is all personal preference. Just like FF should be the interest of most of the people on this forum but curiously it's not. People here must drive Hondas not because they like it but it's because it's whats "in" and whats "cool". I'd take a GTR over a GTS. GTR is a race car and GTS is a sports car...that must be what R and S means :p

i drive a honda for 2 reasons...

its what i could afford when i bought it
it had a decent aftermarket when i bought it

it was either that or some mustang or another ametrican hunk of shit car. lord knows, i will NEVER own another one

If you want to blame the U.S. getting shitty cars, you can blame the big 3. Their constant whinning and shit put heavy tarrifs on 'jdm' cars, thats why you have mexico, tennesse, etc etc.. based plants building hondas, toyotas, etc.. thats why you also have lexus, acura, and crap; even though its the same company, its all about image.. no one wants to pay 100k for a 'honda nsx' but are willing to when its an 'acura nsx.'.. and anyway, the only subaru that came in the 2.2 was a certain WRC streetble verison that is VERY rare.. the rest comes in 2.0 because it stays true to the WRC regulations of MAXIMUM displacement..

Anyway, thats a very nice skyline, but i too prefer the GTRs because of the ATTESSA Pro system, Awd, and all of the goodies.. however, if you want the ultimate skyline, i say either find a 400R or get a swap with the new VQ35 power plants.. nissan quotes it being way stronger than ANY rb series and it gives it a better weight distrubution.. anyway, just my two cents..

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2003, 10:49 PM
it was either that or some mustang or another ametrican hunk of shit car. lord knows, i will NEVER own another one

Wierd,

I saw my rootmate working on his blazer this morning, I ran out and said "I figured out what's wrong with it!!", he says "oh yeah, what's that?". I say "I think it has something to do with the emblem"

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2003, 10:49 PM
i drive a honda for 2 reasons...

its what i could afford when i bought it
it had a decent aftermarket when i bought it

Either my dad's used 98 Civic Sedan or a Kia... didn't take me long to make a decision.

Back