My driveway FTL!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know its boosted, but you should look into getting air ride for it just so you can raise and lower it to get in and out of your driveway (as well as any other place for that matter) without having to worry about dragging the underside of your Z. you wouldnt need anything rediculous like what i got, but a simple kit to do the job. oh and they make bolt-on kits for your car so you can always take it out if you ever want/need to. just a thought...

not really, My TL is always clean, my GSX-R is always clean. my old apartment was always clean and my new house is always clean, hell, everything I do is always super clean.

Any idea how much room and weight the air ride takes?

If you're into owning nice things, its really hard to find something in nice condition, I'm one of those people who is willing to pay to get what I want, and also like to take care of my chit so when it comes time to selling it, I get what I want back out of it.

If you're willing to pay for what you want, have your driveway redone. Hell you can buy bags of concrete, mix it yourself and level the entrance for something like 30 bucks.

That way you don't look like a nerd to your neighbors with wood planks lining your driveway.

You could tear up the entire driveway and reslope the whole thing, but then again you're not pulling it out everyday. ^_^

Driveway was just redone, cost was $2400,00 it was done from the apron to the garage, problem is the garage sits up pretty high, before redoing the driveway, the first 8 inches or so was as pictured now, however as soon as it hit the apron it jumped up really high really fast then slowly leveled out to the garage, now its really smooth going into the driveway but there's still that damn dip from the first 8" or so.

Bottom line, I could easily MAKE the driveway work, however, the first part is owned by the county and the rest while it's owned by me it still needs to match the rest of the neighborhood or I'll have the HOA people up my ass, and I don't blame them, its a very nice neighborhood, I'd hate to see some jackass two houses down do a shitty $20 fix job for a random issue they're having.

Besides as far as looking like a nerd, its a once every few week thing so I really don't care. Lay it down, pull out, pick them up and put them in the garage, when I get home, go into the garage, get them back out, lay them down and pull the car back into the garage.

Quite funny that you think the city or the county will really give a shit about you adding some concrete to the driveway.

Hell it'd probably go unnoticed for months or years unless you have that pesky old bastard who sits out on his porch all year with a shotgun yelling obscenities at the kids to get off his lawn.

btw that curb and street look like ass.

you didnt see the huge HOA issues about the people who parked on the spot lines?

metal = heavy!

I'd love to find some plastic that would work, think giant milk crates but cut to fit the driveway.

HOA is not something to mess around with, my HOA budget is 130K a year, and yes they do have a lawyer, and trust me, if I change something and the HOA doesn't see it as "ok by HOA standards" I'm not willing to spend 1400 dollars to have the cement company come back and fix it (1400 was their minimum) on top of any random fines I might get from the HOA.

also since I live in a giant neighborhood within a heighborhood I get to deal with 2 HOAs.

I hate HOAs but then again I love where I live, been in this neighborhood for going on 4 years (my old apartment is down the street) its super clean, everything is super nice, everything is always clean, from the condos, to the town houses, apartments and single family homes. Another reason for this place to be one of the highest cost places around here. =(

you can always just find some mini bags to lift the car when your at a place where you need a tiny lift to clear a bump...like your driveway everyday, and if you got coilovers, there should still be an inch or so travel that the bags could lift up to.

or just get these...

HPS-Airride - Pneumatic Suspensions

coilovers with air-ride...

Quite funny that you think the city or the county will really give a shit about you adding some concrete to the driveway.

You'd be amazed at what people in a regulated-type neighborhood will complain about.

If your mailbox has to be 48" above the ground, and yours is 47 3/8", there's a neighbor who will complain about it.

you can't just go slapping concrete in a drainage ditch anyway

Look at the first picture, his driveway is in a low spot anyway. Water will still flow even if he builds it up a few inches to allow access to his precious one-of-a-kind-car ... I mean... 350z.

That street and those curbs need to be redone. They look like ass.

Faded paint, the street looks like its starting to wear down, scrapes, marks, etc... normal usage. It was probably put in or repaved no less than 10-15 years ago and hasn't been messed with since which is normal for low speed residential roads.

Basically it looks like ass, just like my city's roads did until they just redid the sidewalks, curbs and repaved the road during the water main/piping replacement projects.

It looks like a normal neighborhood street, yes, but not nice.

Faded paint, the street looks like its starting to wear down, scrapes, marks, etc... normal usage. It was probably put in or repaved no less than 10-15 years ago and hasn't been messed with since which is normal for low speed residential roads.

Basically it looks like ass, just like my city's roads did until they just redid the sidewalks, curbs and repaved the road during the water main/piping replacement projects.

It looks like a normal neighborhood street, yes, but not nice.

The scrapes are from when they had the backhoe pulling my old water line out.
street has zero potholes and none of the curbs are cracked, yes the paint is faded. Guessing they repaint it every few years.

About where I live.

Piney Orchard, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hyper Media Portal | Home

We have 7 swimming pools, even an indoor pool, many outdoor playgrounds, full size ice rink, nature reserve, a river, boat storage, houses here start at the 300K range for no garage town homes and go up to over a million for some of the single family homes, even some of the town homes are 600K+ condos start in the mid to high 200s and apartments start out around 1200 for a 1 bedroom with zero option, my 1 bedroom apartment was 1500/mo This whole place is very well kept and when some random jackass makes changes that everyone has to see, it WILL get voiced at either the HOA meetings.

My $100 HOA is getting put to use.

Because everything is very picky on upkeep and making sure people have very clean yards and houses the neighborhood pulls in a lot more money for houses.

I could have got a 2200-2400 sqft town house not even 5 miles away with a better driveway and a larger garage for 50K less then what I paid, I paid more and got a crappy driveway, crappy ass shitty piece of s hit small garage (I hate my new garage) and I believe the house is around 1600sqft.

I really can't do chit to the driveway other then add something that lays on it temporary.

i think its a great neighborhood. shit i want to live there. looks alot nicer than the places i've lived.

i think its a great neighborhood. shit i want to live there. looks alot nicer than the places i've lived.

IMO its one of the best places in Maryland, its right smack in the middle of Baltimore, Annapolis and DC. That's why its here and why its so expensive, location location location! The main reason I really like it here is that no matter what time of day, you can find people walking dogs, or riding bikes 24/7 lots of walking trails and even major bike/walking trails that go from DC to Baltimore.

Any idea how much room and weight the air ride takes?

the air ride wont weigh that much really. as far as space goes, it all depends on what ya want and how ya wanna mount it all. im guessing you are wanting to have as much trunk space as possible? if thats the case, here is what i would buy (and this would pretty much be everything you need):

- "pancake" air tank. its only 16" wide and 8" tall. would be perfect to put in your spare tire. more info here:: Pancake Air Tank | suicidedoors.com . i would highly suggest this tank tho: Black 5 Gallon 8 Port | suicidedoors.com
- Viar 380 air compressor. a VERY reliable compressor. ive got one on my truck. info on that: Viair 380 200 PSI | suicidedoors.com
- SMC 3/8" valves (8 of them). awesome valves and i run these as well on my truck. if you were looking to save space, you can mount these in the fender wells near your air struts. SMC 3/8" Valve | suicidedoors.com
- Square D 200psi adjustable pressure switch
- 2 dual needle air gauges
- 1 single needle air gauge
- SMC 3/8" water trap: SMC Water Trap 3/8" | suicidedoors.com
- 3/8" air line and fittings
- switchbox and relays

there are a few little odds and ends too but thats pretty much everything.

Back