My driveway FTL!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The scrapes are from when they had the backhoe pulling my old water line out.
street has zero potholes and none of the curbs are cracked, yes the paint is faded. Guessing they repaint it every few years.

About where I live.

Piney Orchard, Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hyper Media Portal | Home

We have 7 swimming pools, even an indoor pool, many outdoor playgrounds, full size ice rink, nature reserve, a river, boat storage, houses here start at the 300K range for no garage town homes and go up to over a million for some of the single family homes, even some of the town homes are 600K+ condos start in the mid to high 200s and apartments start out around 1200 for a 1 bedroom with zero option, my 1 bedroom apartment was 1500/mo This whole place is very well kept and when some random jackass makes changes that everyone has to see, it WILL get voiced at either the HOA meetings.

My $100 HOA is getting put to use.

Because everything is very picky on upkeep and making sure people have very clean yards and houses the neighborhood pulls in a lot more money for houses.

I could have got a 2200-2400 sqft town house not even 5 miles away with a better driveway and a larger garage for 50K less then what I paid, I paid more and got a crappy driveway, crappy ass shitty piece of s hit small garage (I hate my new garage) and I believe the house is around 1600sqft.

I really can't do chit to the driveway other then add something that lays on it temporary.

Why do I feel like everytime he makes a post here he's bragging about something? :mellow:

Why do I feel like everytime he makes a post here he's bragging about something? :mellow:

Because anytime anyone talks about something nice, it turns into a bragging thing. I see it on many different message board. Only reason I went into so much detail about this place is because you were shooting down the crappy street that was clearly old and needs to be redone.

If I posted pictures of a beat up house in a crappy area, no one would think a single thing about it. Same goes for cars, if I posted pictures of a beat up civic, again no one would think anything about it.

Post up a picture of a new M3 and say check out my new car. Yup, bragging. same goes for the house. or if I take new pictures of my Z and post them, no matter what its bragging.

I love my area, I moved here for a reason and if anyone else is around here, I'd recommend becoming my neighbor, we can go skating or talk long walks down the nature reserve.

Maybe B would hold my hand.

There's nothing wrong with being happy about where you live. Nice place Jeffie, glad you're satisfied with your location :thumbsup:

What's wrong with bragging anyways? We all like to brag occasionally.

There's nothing wrong with being happy about where you live. Nice place Jeffie, glad you're satisfied with your location :thumbsup:

What's wrong with bragging anyways? We all like to brag occasionally.

If it makes james happy, my house is a piece of shit, I could have paid much less to live else where and have a house that is fully done.

The house I bought cost more and needs most EVERYTHING redone.

within 48 hours of signing the papers for the house I already ripped all the flooring out on the main floor, as with removing the old kitchen crap, piece of chit fridge, oven and microwave, within a week I had a wall knocked down and the counters ripped up.

needed all new toilets, still needs new tubs. all new flooring from top to bottom, new windows, new doors, new sink fixtures, new water heater, new main water line, new driveway... list goes on and on.

the old owners didn't do shit to keep this house up, the most they did was attempted to paint the place, but as with everything else they screwed up or did nothing about, they just painted the walls a nice yellow and brown color..... on top of that they painted over EVERYTHING and clearly were smokers so when I went to prep the walls for new paint (whole house got painted) I quickly found out that they didn't clean shit so all the paint started to peel off.

location location location.........

again my house is a piece of shit. =)

thankfully, I spent everyday here for about a month straight before moving in and redid most everything,

House Pictures

Gotta love it.....

Just like my Z where I did 95% of the work myself, the same is being done with my house, once I post some after pictures of all my hard work I'm sure I'll get some kind of show off comment =) but hey, that makes all the hard work feel even better lol

Last edited:
i think you need something like this
a little work on these and they'd probably fill that ditch lovely
plastic_car_ramp.jpg

i think you need something like this
a little work on these and they'd probably fill that ditch lovely
plastic_car_ramp.jpg

I'd love to have something made out of that! however, I've tried those before, no go, car wont make it up them, plus it would suck trying to drive over those since my tires would over hang 5" Last thing I want to do is go in at a slightly wrong angle and fall off it.

There's gotta be a crate or something made from that plastic that could be cut down to size then shaped.

Any idea how much they cost? if I got 4 of them and attached them to each other it would make it long enough and wide enough, however, I bet they're pricy for what you get. I need to sit down and look into bagging it, it would make life so much easier when it comes to oil changes, recalibrating the wide band, check band camps and so on...

Right now its a total bitch to get off the ground.

Last edited:
Every house has it's problems. There is no such thing as a perfect, affordable house. I lucked out because of my motivated seller - But I still wound up with a $2000 a month mortgage on a 2000~ sqft place with a 1300~ sqft garage. But then, my neighborhood isn't awesome either.

And I would kill someone for a powerwasher.

Every house has it's problems. There is no such thing as a perfect, affordable house. I lucked out because of my motivated seller - But I still wound up with a $2000 a month mortgage on a 2000~ sqft place with a 1300~ sqft garage. But then, my neighborhood isn't awesome either.

And I would kill someone for a powerwasher.

I bought a powerwasher for work a year or two ago, it was around 150 bucks. does the job just fine and I believe the motor is a honda. either got it from sams club or lowes.

2000sqft aint to shabby, I'm at alittle under 2400 a month for 1600 sqft if you count the basement. the garage is so small that if I pull my TL into it, there's NO WAY to get out of the car. with the Z I can barly make it out and there's almost no room for the bike, I have about 1" of clearance between the garage door and my bikes tail section then about 1 " between the wall the bike and my car. its super tight, my garage SUCKS! even more so since my apartments garage was so much larger, I had enough room for my tool box, pedal bike, street bike, car, all my extra crap my RC stuff and so on, I never had to move stuff around to get anything in/out. Now I have my bike and my car in the garage, tool box wont even fit =( I keep that in my basement.

40 for 2, 70 for 4, plus 15/20 shipping
So I'm looking at around 140 + shipping for something I'd cut up and maybe screw up and wont beable to use =(

I was gonna say when i first saw the driveway, thats not much of a drop, until i actually looked at your car, ya i would do the same, damn thats low. You wouldnt survive in my city. Lots of hills and bumps. Hell even my car has its scrapes and its not as low as yours. Good thing they semi fixed your driveway.

I was gonna say when i first saw the driveway, thats not much of a drop, until i actually looked at your car, ya i would do the same, damn thats low. You wouldnt survive in my city. Lots of hills and bumps. Hell even my car has its scrapes and its not as low as yours. Good thing they semi fixed your driveway.

I would never live in the city unless it was a 2nd home kind of thing, if I had to live in the city I would not even think twice about selling the car.

So I'm wondering what happens when you encounter a speed bump...

So I'm wondering what happens when you encounter a speed bump...

I never drive anywhere that would have a speed bump.
If I'm going somewhere and I know there's a speed bump. I'll take the TL.

Keep in mind my Z is 100% a toy, it is not a form of transportation. it is nothing more then something I enjoy. Rarely do I take it somewhere other then to bust ass down the backroads and put it up.

My Acura is 100% stock, with ZERO desire to mod it

I never drive anywhere that would have a speed bump.
If I'm going somewhere and I know there's a speed bump. I'll take the TL.

Keep in mind my Z is 100% a toy, it is not a form of transportation. it is nothing more then something I enjoy. Rarely do I take it somewhere other then to bust ass down the backroads and put it up.

My Acura is 100% stock, with ZERO desire to mod it

Oh ok. How about pulling into gas stations though? Or do you just keep a gas tank at home you fill it up with?

Oh ok. How about pulling into gas stations though? Or do you just keep a gas tank at home you fill it up with?

I've never had an issue with a single gas station, I have seen some bad entrys to some gas stations however, those gas stations were in NVA and were no name places,
I tend to stick with the big name gas stations for my Z and bike. BP for the most part since there's one in the neighborhood.

Oh, well that's good. Most of the gas stations around here would be a bitch to get into with a low-sitting car.

How'd you get the jack out from under it when you lowered it? lol

Don't know what to tell you on the drive man. I live in an apt. it sucks. Still a fine lookin Z though. You make me second guess modding my dd.

How'd you get the jack out from under it when you lowered it? lol

Don't know what to tell you on the drive man. I live in an apt. it sucks. Still a fine lookin Z though. You make me second guess modding my dd.

Modding a DD sucks. I'd love to put an intake, exhaust, springs and wheels on my TL but whats the point? its my beater for a reason. I have my toy for modding and my daily for driving.

As far as jacking it up and lowering it. I have a system.

jacks.jpg

All that + 2 boards for the front tires.

Run the front tires over some boards.
the U shaped jacks go around the rear tires and grab the tires and jack them up,

from there I can slide one of my jacks under the rear bumper of the car and with a piece of wood I'm able to clear the exhaust and place the jack on the rear end.

Once the rear end is jacked up, I place two jack stands on each side of the rear of the car.

Then using both floor jacks, I jack the front of the car up using the normal jack points, then I place jack stands under the car and remove the floor jacks.

see... its EASY!

=)

i hate jacking lowered cars..my crx i have to use a jack to get it up enough to put te heavier duty jack under..its just a bitch

Back