my EG Civic hunting experience

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
well today i went out EG Civic shopping. the first one i came across was a black 93 Civic DX at some shitty auto dealership. the car was scratched to shit, it had a body kit that wasnt put on worth a fuck, bald tires, black aluminum wing (wasnt that tall but still). the interior wasnt bad really. nothing to fancy except it did have white faced gauges that were pretty decent looking. it was also an automatic. so me and James (2000si) take it out for a test drive. we drive across the street around a grocery store parking lot. it didnt drive too bad although one of the front tires was low and the shifting was really well. so i stop the car and pop the hood. well low and behold it had a motor swap. it had a D16y7 in it which is about the only thing i really liked. looking a little more i noticed that the radiator support where the hood latches was pushed in aparently from a front end collision. i also noticed while i was driving that the SRS light was on so that explained that. we drove the car back to the lot and took the keys back. they wanted like $2700 for the car. it definately was NOT worth it...maybe worth $1500 if that. like i said, the only good thing about it was the motor swap. they also had some Civic sedans but they had too much rust on them for my tastes.

after me and James left there, we headed to the Dodge place to look around. they didnt have shit so we left there and went to the Honda dealership...nothing there either. got some food (well James did) and he left to go home and i went to go look at another 93 Civic EX up the street from me. that car was nice as hell. loaded, started up awesomely and was clean as hell. even the engine bay was clean. they wanted $3750 for the car and wanted my truck plus $1000 from me to get the car. i was hoping to get a straight trade. ahh well. but anyways, the only turnoff was that it was an automatic as well. i then went home kinda bummed. ahh well. i will find one hopefully soon.

no cliffnotes for u lazy fuckers. just read the topic dammit.

Yeah that EG was just a waste of a perfectly good car. Whoever owned it fucked it up bad. No rust though... the body kit didn't fit, the rims were Accord rims, blue headlights, washer LEDs, etc.

After I left Fazoli's (where I ate), some fucktard Dodge SUV tried to race me down Hobson road. I didn't think it was really worth it after I pulled her in second.. not even being in my powerband... But apparently she was in a hurry and continued to do 70 down a 40 mph limit road. God I wish there had been a cop sittin up by Pierre's.

Oh well. Fun day. :)

yeah the headlights sucked. they were some aftermarket piles of shit that had water in them. the hood was also dented to hell (from collision i am assuming) and wouldnt open to well. the LED hood pissers made me wanna hurl. the body wasnt bad, just scratched and faded to hell and the body kit sucked. didnt fit worth a damn. oh and the wheels only had 3 lug nuts on each wheel. odd if you ask me. anywho, who knows what ima do. i just want an EG coupe or hatch soon dammit!!

$3750 sounds high.

www.cars.com www.autotrader.com and the local paper.
keep your eyes open DON"T BE IN A HURRY and you will find what you want for cheap.
I found a 92 Civic coupe with 90K miles on it that needed paint and a good cleaning. it was $1000 OBO I have no doubt that I could have picked it up for $500.00 since it was relisted many times.
Only down side was it had an Auto tranny.

shit I paid $2000 for my 98LX.

anywho as I said those cars are WAY to much. WAY WAY WAY to much.

www.ebay.com or even HS FS/HT FS

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah the headlights sucked. they were some aftermarket piles of shit that had water in them. the hood was also dented to hell (from collision i am assuming) and wouldnt open to well. the LED hood pissers made me wanna hurl. the body wasnt bad, just scratched and faded to hell and the body kit sucked. didnt fit worth a damn. oh and the wheels only had 3 lug nuts on each wheel. odd if you ask me. anywho, who knows what ima do. i just want an EG coupe or hatch soon dammit!!

Let me know some more info about your truck I have a 94 civic ex I might be interested

JDMPlaya- whats your email addy and i will send you details and pics of the truck. i tried to IM you uback on AIM but ya went away :cry:

the d16y7 is the dx motor... hat you want is the d16y8

that car must of got wrecked pretty bad. Why would you throw a non-vtec obd2 in a 93 civic. That sounds like a waste of a swap if you ask me. I though accord rims were 5 lug?

JDMPlaya if you like what you see and want to trade... I'm coming with B. I'd like to see the WRX in action. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
$3750 sounds high.

www.cars.com www.autotrader.com and the local paper.
keep your eyes open DON"T BE IN A HURRY and you will find what you want for cheap.
I found a 92 Civic coupe with 90K miles on it that needed paint and a good cleaning. it was $1000 OBO I have no doubt that I could have picked it up for $500.00 since it was relisted many times.
Only down side was it had an Auto tranny.

shit I paid $2000 for my 98LX.

anywho as I said those cars are WAY to much. WAY WAY WAY to much.

www.ebay.com or even HS FS/HT FS
I agree with what jeffie7 said, just don't be in a hurry to get one. I ran across my 92 Civic VX at a body shop and picked it up for $500. It was not running but I didn't care because I knew the motor was going to come out anyway. However, long story short, the coil was no good and after I swapped dizzies it started up. :p

you can... you just have to drive a ways to go get it. I told james this too when he paid 3k more than book for his si

Quoted post[/post]]
you can... you just have to drive a ways to go get it. I told james this too when he paid 3k more than book for his si

Even though book on an excellent condition 38k mile 2000 Si was 15k when I bought it for 15.5.

But whatever. I don't live where you live.

Ill sell you my eg hatch 3k ----

Its a 1994 civic cx hatch on steelies with brand new less than 500 miles on them falken tires. The engine is a 1996 d16y8 swap from a delsol 90k on the engine body has 120k has the honda rust minimal though on the rear.. lowered on ebay coils on stock shocks some old top of the line kenwood deck works but has its issues .. cheapy intake.. and ghetto rigged exhaust but works ok! ..... drives very good though have made it my dd for a while parking the evo for the winter.. which means 100 miles a day commute to work..& back home

Back