my eg hatch needs help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steveoeg

i have just bought a eg hatch i love it but i want to go faster it has a sohc i just dont kno wat to do with it it has a intake headers exhaust short shifter vtec controller its nice clean but i think i need to do a swap anyone with any ideas i am open to it all thanks

What motor does it have right now? The most popular swaps for the eg is a B-serier, thats because the integras and eg's have/had almost identical engine bays, so its an easy swap. Do you have a budget? How much HP are you looking for?

yea not sure wat engine i have now its a sohc i was told it was a jdm crate motor but i am not sure and as far as the hp i want maybe like 300 with some other stuff in it i want to try to find a motor under $1000 u kno

If you want 300 horse for a grand, it wont happen. If you just want 300 horse for cheap, LS swap and boost.

thats wat i was thinking i kno i am not going to get 300 hp for a grand i ment 1000 for the swap i plan on boosting watever i get anyway i was thinking of just saying screw it and just boosting the single cam i have

You can do a lot with single cams, but itll be easier to get 300 horse out of an LS swap. Either way, there is tons of info, so if you read up on it you cant go wrong.

yea not sure wat engine i have now its a sohc i was told it was a jdm crate motor but i am not sure and as far as the hp i want maybe like 300 with some other stuff in it i want to try to find a motor under $1000 u kno

Do you even know what a "crate motor" is?

i would say juss turbo it and maybe get about 200whp or more with a good tune for around 1000 or less.. but thats what you can do for 1000

so turbo it cool wats a good kit to go with

Not only that, TUNE, TUNE, TUNE! If I may suggest, I would find a reputable shop around you that tunes as well and go to them with your needs. It is very simple that way. You go there, let them know what you want, they give you figure X on how much it is going to cost, they do all of the work and thinking for you then VOILA! Your car goes vrrrooommm fast and safely. Though if it were me, I would upgrade my suspension a bit.

Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

Back