My EG swap plans and Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thaburninator

I own a 94 cx and I am going to purchase an engine soon.
Jazzproparts seems to have the best deal on b16a and b18c, free shipping for all parts I would purchase. Does anyone know if this is a reliable retailer?

Also, a GSR is my #1 choice, i am deciding whether i should buy a SI tranny or a GSR tranny. can anyone list rpm to speed ratios? or tell me where I can find some?

If I do buy a motor from Jazzproparts, and I can get a tranny cheaper from a local junkyard, should I?

Thanks

just buy a whole swap from a reputable dealer. you get what you pay for so don't try to cut cost. actually try to buy a clip if you can. don't buy a seperate tranny from the motor. get one you know about, like buy a tranny attached to a motor you KNOW has 65,000 miles.

you won't ever find a gsr or b16 tranny in a junk yard. they are gone as soon as they come in. go to hmotorsonline.com for your swap.

read the FAQ's for your gear ratios

At Jazzpro I can get a b18c1 longblock for 1995.00 and I found a local junkyard with two SI transmissions for $450 each. I have a feeling i would like the GSR transmission in the long run, but quick gears are good too :confused:

Thanx man! i dont think i would ever find a B16 in a junkyard let alone a b18.. are del sols the only cars in america that came with b16's before the b16a3?

as far as i know the si and the gsr tranny's have the same gearing. i think the only one with a shorter gear is the gsr. and the ls has a longer gear.

Back