1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My EG swap plans and Q's

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by thaburninator, Aug 10, 2006.

1. thaburninator

thaburninator New Member

I own a 94 cx and I am going to purchase an engine soon.
    Jazzproparts seems to have the best deal on b16a and b18c, free shipping for all parts I would purchase. Does anyone know if this is a reliable retailer?

Also, a GSR is my #1 choice, i am deciding whether i should buy a SI tranny or a GSR tranny. can anyone list rpm to speed ratios? or tell me where I can find some?

If I do buy a motor from Jazzproparts, and I can get a tranny cheaper from a local junkyard, should I?

Thanks

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

just buy a whole swap from a reputable dealer. you get what you pay for so don't try to cut cost. actually try to buy a clip if you can. don't buy a seperate tranny from the motor. get one you know about, like buy a tranny attached to a motor you KNOW has 65,000 miles.

you won't ever find a gsr or b16 tranny in a junk yard. they are gone as soon as they come in. go to hmotorsonline.com for your swap.

read the FAQ's for your gear ratios

3. thaburninator

thaburninator New Member

At Jazzpro I can get a b18c1 longblock for 1995.00 and I found a local junkyard with two SI transmissions for $450 each. I have a feeling i would like the GSR transmission in the long run, but quick gears are good too :confused:

4. thaburninator

thaburninator New Member

Thanx man! i dont think i would ever find a B16 in a junkyard let alone a b18.. are del sols the only cars in america that came with b16's before the b16a3?

5. JDM B20 EH2

JDM B20 EH2 Junior Member

as far as i know the si and the gsr tranny's have the same gearing. i think the only one with a shorter gear is the gsr. and the ls has a longer gear.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted