My EJ2 transformation ""Bodywork""

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Benner

Picked up my little 95 B16a2 swapped civic back around November. Looked a little rough but not bad for a 17 year old car with 122,000 miles on it.

Decided the other day that it was finally time to freshen things up a little. Repaired the 2 major spots of rust on her and got to work on the paint. Used an old school electric orbital sander with 320 grit to cut through the clearcoat (that was left), hit all the necessary spots with primer and lightly coated the car with primer to help keep the colors consistent.

Used Krylon "Dual" primer+gloss Cherry Red. Between 5 and 6 light coats to get rid of the pinkish color that kept showing. Also hit the tails with 2 light coats of VHT nightshade and resprayed the rockers with trim paint. Trying to decide what color to do the ding guards.

It's far from professional quality but looks way better than it did.

Enjoy the photos.

DAY 1

Day1.jpg

1IMG_0200.jpg

BEFORE

1IMG_0202.jpg

RUST SPOTS I HAD TO FIX

1IMG_0203.jpg

1IMG_0211.jpg

1IMG_0212.jpg

1IMG_0201.jpg

1IMG_0215.jpg

1IMG_0209.jpg

1IMG_0207.jpg

1IMG_0214.jpg

1IMG_0213.jpg

No decided not to clear coat for now. Probably a total of 5 to 6 light coats. Had trouble with the gray primer. It made the red appear pink. If I were to do this again I'd probably had either used a darker grey primer or even a black primer or dark basecoat.

Back