my ek is ideling HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cvarg

whats up got a 96 ek with a 94 b18b swapped in
and my motor just keeps surging was just wondering if anybody can help me out.
could it be the throttleboby, tps, iarc, throttle cable. i need help asap.
thanxs.

could be a number of things.

Check the voltage on your tps.

Not sure how to check your IAC valve but replacing that helped out my idle problem.

have you tried adjusting your idle manually...also, how does your car run besides idle...is it normal driving. let me know, i might be able to help

have you tried adjusting your idle manually...also, how does your car run besides idle...is it normal driving. let me know, i might be able to help

i have not tried adjusting my idle manually mainly because i dont know how to do it. im pretty sure to adjust the idle it has to be done by the throttlebody.
like you have to turn a screw or something. if this is right let me know. and tell me exactly how to do it im not to handy with this type of shit.
the car runs fine its a daily drive.
its just that when cold start my car i have this problem. and when it runs for a while to get warm in my drive way it will idle a little then go back to normal and then idle a little after a while. all without moving the car its just laying in the driveway turned on. its like it has a mind of its own. sometimes my car idles fine when its warmed up and then it will act up. i really cant predict what the fuck the idle is going to do. its so inconsitant. help!!!!!!!
THANXS.

u might wanna see if u have a vacuum leak. take brake cleaner spray and spray it over various parts of the motor. if there is a leak, the engine will try to die or rev high when the brake cleaner is sprayed over that area... check ur sensors... u can adjust ur idle by a screw on the throttle body...

yes people low coolant will cause this problem too. check it make sure its topped off. check tps voltage. shoud be at .4. Check for leaks around injectors and intake manifold with carbcleaner . .. . good luck

does it rev up and then rev down and over again? if it does it could be the o2 sensor, i think

Back