My EK4 is smoking....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ezza

Hello all, im new, i used to use a UK forum called hondaevolutions for the technical side of things, but since the forum has died i thought id see how i get on here as most of the time i google anything technical i need to know i end up getting linked here.

Basically my EK4 has on occasion blown out some blue smoke on startup and from what i can see while driving in the mirror (only at night in the headlights of other cars) it smokes more than i am happy with when im 'giving it some', friends who have been behind say there is a bit of smoke but no more than normal for a vtec, im not too sure though.

From what reading i have done the startup smoke will be valve stem seals and the smoke while racing is piston rings.

The car seems to have used alot of oil in a fairly short space of time and there seems to be some oil on the block only below the headm would it make sense to replace the head gasket too?

I want to do all this without removing the engine, is this posible?

Are there other things i should replace while im there eg timing belt?

Sorry there's alot there but any help much appreciated.....

Thanks in advance
Aaron

I think so, i was hoping someone would be able to offer some feedback and clarify....And i dont think the valves are shot, i think its the stem seals

Back